    I do the bios will detect niether the boot drive or the slave. I tried
    experimenting with different jumper settings but nothing seems to work.

    Any ideas?

    Chess Sadist, May 26, 2007

  2. Chess Sadist

    - Bobb - Guest

    Why - I don't know , but why did you choose as-is ?
    Why not choose jumper setting for
    Master - slave
    OR
    cable select - cable select ?
    That's how it should be.

    - Bobb -, May 26, 2007

  3. Chess Sadist

    Chess Sadist Guest

    Yeah, that part's pretty clear. So why are you posting again?

    , but why did you choose as-is ?
    What are you babbling about? You're not making any sense at all. I said
    quite clearly that I experimented with the different jumper setings.

    Chess Sadist, May 26, 2007
  4. Experimentation is not to be discouraged but did you
    do the "standard" set up as Master + Slave _and_ do "find/autodetect"
    in the BiOS? What about setting the drive parameters *manually* in the
    BiOS?
    What effect did that have?
    Have you tried another drive as "Slave", like your old Slave is proven
    still worthy of inclusion..in your setup?

    HPD

    Hoo Phung Dungh, May 28, 2007
  5. Chess Sadist

    Chess Sadist Guest

    Re-read my post a few times until the details sink in.

    Chess Sadist, May 28, 2007
  6. Chess Sadist

    Ralph27 Guest

    Don't worry we all stopped reading after your first set of snide
    remarks. Try improving your manners and then try a different newsgroup.

    Ralph27, May 28, 2007
  7. Chess Sadist

    Chess Sadist Guest

    You don't speak for "all" imbecile. You're about as useful as a broken
    toaster and shouldn't be wasting good bandwidth by posting here. You need to
    keep your mouth shut and your eyes open and you just might learn something
    one of these days.

    Chess Sadist, May 28, 2007
  8. Chess Sadist

    ALL Guest

    I do speak for " all " and just created a rule to auto-delete your
    postings. Hope your Master drive fries Have a nice day - somewhere
    else.

    ALL, May 28, 2007
  9. Chess Sadist

    Chess Sadist Guest

    I don't need to FDISK the slave you worthless ape-brained IDIOT! You're too
    stupid to turn a computer on by yourself....why are you posting here?

    Chess Sadist, May 28, 2007
  10. Chess Sadist

    Chess Sadist Guest

    Hi Ralph, you're as pathetic as you are stupid. I wonder how your
    unemployment officer would feel about you spending your days cyber-stalking
    people and being a usenet troll.

    Get this through your thick, melon skull and into that tiny brain of
    yours.......YOU ARE TOO STUPID TO BE TRYING TO HELP PEOPLE WITH COMPUTER
    PROBLEMS!

    Chess Sadist, May 28, 2007
  11. ...errmmm, because I can?
    Being of Good Gracious by Nature I let you run a small way , then I
    looked up to see what balloon was towing you as a loose basket.

    Says it all :]

    Be very careful just where you throw that "IDIOT" flyer, friend.
    Could be the wind changes to see you choking to death on A4... or is
    that The A4 aka "The Information Super Highway" ?

    Be safe, treat yourself.. FDISK --------------> NOW !!

    /0ff

    Hoo Phung Dungh, May 28, 2007
  12. Chess Sadist

    Grey Goo Guest

    Hoo Hung Mum, we're not impressed with your gay little tirade here. You've
    made it 100% obvious that you're a frightened little punk coward who mouths
    off only when hiding behind a computer monitor. I'm calling you an IDIOT too
    you stupid little asian homosexual.

    Grey Goo, May 28, 2007
  13. Chess Sadist

    Gray Tack Guest

    ~~le matin excellent à vous, Monsieur~~

    quote
    too
    /quote
    ?
    ?
    ?
    what an uninteresting Bedouin you prove to be.
    bum burglars seeking dates are off topic for computer
    woes, of which you have plenty.
    alt.erotica.feed-my-ass.cock is --------------->that way !

    try nym shifting over there to get your request filled.

    Gray Tack, May 28, 2007
  14. Chess Sadist

    Neil Green Guest

    That's rich coming from someone who can't set up a
    couple of IDE drives.

    Neil Green, May 29, 2007
  15. Chess Sadist

    Grey Goo Guest

    Neil, you're too stupid to comprehend the fact that he said that the
    configuration worked for years before the power supply problem. Can you not
    read or are you just stupid?

    Grey Goo, May 29, 2007
  16. Chess Sadist

    Neil Green Guest

    Both.
    Is there the remotest chance that the faulty PSU fried
    the controller on the secondary drive?
    You'll have to tell me because I'm stupid.

    Neil Green, May 29, 2007
  17. MaaaaaaaaaaaaaTE ! You had to tell the idiot yeh?
    Small wonder these NGs see regulars dropping like flies,
    as time passes, You ever heard of "cohesion", are you really that
    starved for a platform you have to feed an ass-hole like as per
    your new found Host?
    What wassss it? The dig I had at committed MSOE users [no pun]?
    The fact that the wanker cannot read headers so wouldn't know how hard
    the Laughter is coming? You needed to Crow a little??
    Oh, I get it,, you are a Xristian, right..and it was a late Sunday
    Mass for you?
    Well, for mine, bloke.. you can keep your Good Samaritan act
    off-stage.
    There are enough MOE enabled x-AOL//Global//OneTel clowns
    using Usenet now !

    /grumble

    Hoo Phung Dungh, May 29, 2007
  18. Chess Sadist

    Neil Green Guest

    in message
    All that means nothing to me.
    Care factor = 0

    Neil Green, May 29, 2007
  19. Again, small wonder :-/
    Yet another 'mexican' porky, I fear :-~

    /0ff

    Hoo Phung Dungh, May 29, 2007
  20. Chess Sadist

    Neil Green Guest

    in message
    Where did you learn those cute little typey things?

    Neil Green, May 29, 2007