    I'd really love to read it.
    TIA.
    C.C.

    Champagne Charlie, Dec 13, 2005

  2. Champagne Charlie

    Trax Guest

    |>I was searching for a way to build my own laptop/notebook and found this....
    |>
    |>http://tinyurl.com/9zdbq
    |>
    |>The article looks like it's what I'm after, but you need to subscribe to
    |>Computer Power User magazine and unfortunately I can't do that as it only
    |>allows people from the US and Canada to subscribe. (I'm in the UK).
    |>Could anyone email me a photo-copy of this article?
    |>I'd really love to read it.

    http://www.bugmenot.com/ if you want to read it yourself

    OR

    Sent you email with a file lap.zip, the pix's are cache copies as the
    article uses javascript.

    Trax, Dec 13, 2005

  3. Champagne Charlie

    Mitch Guest

    Still isn't what you asked for.
    Seems to be just tips on installing different parts into a notebook you
    already own.

    I thought you wanted to buy all separate parts to assemble into a
    laptop that didn't already exist.
    If you are going to be happy with buying maybe a non-working laptop and
    replacing parts, that may have a lot more potential, particularly with
    many people offering broken laptops on auction sites.

    (And in which case you really need that article, since it warns what
    you need to be aware of.)

    Mitch, Dec 13, 2005