    If anyone has any ideas as to what may be causing this unusual behavior,
    please let me know.

    Thanks

    Faisal, Sep 5, 2003

  2. Faisal

    Boomer Guest

    Faisal said:
    Hi

    Have you cleaned out your cache, history, temp and cookie files?
    (Restart the computer first, then clean.)

    Have you done a _thorough_ scan disk and then defrag lately?

    Ran your antivirus program? Ad-aware? Any screen saver's running in
    the background? Are you the only user of this computer?
    Find Fast enabled (MSOffice)? My Documents folder full?
    Firewall? Norton products installed? Any newly installed programs?

    Here's a few links than may help with cleaning up your HD
    if you think that may be an issue.
    http://www.infinisource.com/techfiles/clean_hd.html
    http://members.aol.com/mswebbie/space.htm
    http://www.toejumper.net/maintain4/del4.htm

    Boomer, Sep 5, 2003

  3. Faisal

    Micron Guest

    Try defragmenting your drive. Usually speeds things up.

    Micron, Sep 5, 2003
  4. Faisal

    mhicaoidh Guest

    Taking a moment's reflection, Faisal mused:

    | I'm running Windows XP ... 128 mb ram

    Right there could likely be your problem. It is widely considered that,
    under XP, 512 MB is the minimum to run it well. Add another 128 MB.

    mhicaoidh, Sep 5, 2003