  1. asdf

    Jay Guest

    You should take your foot out of your mouth.

    Jay, Sep 28, 2003

  2. asdf

    Jay Guest

    No it isn't resonable. Because it causes confusion.
    That is why this thread exists.
    Because people have been confused by a deluded minority who think that
    a kilo can mean 1024.

    Jay, Sep 28, 2003

  3. asdf

    Jay Guest

    I remind you to strongly void any computer suppliers recommended by me.

    Jay, Sep 28, 2003
  4. asdf

    Brett Cooper Guest

    lol

    Brett Cooper, Sep 28, 2003
  5. asdf

    Jay Guest

    Very clever.
    Maybe you should get a job teaching the likes of Uncle StoatWarbler
    Brett Cooper, and MarkH.
    Obviously they haven't started high school yet else they
    would have been taught their ISO units.

    Jay, Sep 28, 2003
  6. asdf

    Jay Guest

    That is true. There are sync bits and CRCs too.
    Good to discover an educated person in this ng.

    Jay, Sep 28, 2003
  7. asdf

    Brett Cooper Guest

    Sounds like flat earth thinking is alive and well.

    Brett Cooper, Sep 28, 2003
  8. asdf

    Brett Cooper Guest

    IT's true that there is confusion about the market capitalizations at the
    root of this thread. (I hope my spelling/grammer isn't too poor)
    It's also true that some deluded minority of computer illerate people are
    getting confused of the computer term kilobyte 1024bytes.
    I would not be happy if I brought a HD says it was 120g to find out it was
    really smaller in useable space.

    Oh good point about the 400m sign..

    Feed the trolls, they help keep the goats off the bridge.

    Brett Cooper, Sep 28, 2003
  9. asdf

    Jay Guest

    Oh, so a kilo is 1000 and I suppose a kilogram is therefore 1024 grams.
    You cannot attach two meanings to kilo.
    Ask any networking professional how many bytes there are in a kilobyte or
    kilobit and you will get exactly the same answer - 1000.
    You are totally right there!
    There is plenty of wrong information on the internet.
    Mostly because it is never vetted by an editor.
    Anyone can get up and spout all the bullshit they like.
    There are errors everywhere.

    The reference you have quoted is wrong. So don't take it verbatim.
    Not as badly as your ungrammarliness.
    That information is just so bad. I mean, the b in Kb is bits not even
    bytes. You should find better reference sources.

    Jay, Sep 28, 2003
  10. asdf

    Jay Guest

    And a 4 is also used in golf.

    Jay, Sep 28, 2003
  11. asdf

    Jay Guest

    Isn't that what a computer does today?
    No it isn't. How many bytes per second can a 56kbps modem transfer?

    Jay, Sep 28, 2003
  12. asdf

    T.N.O. Guest

    I cant believe that Im saying this, but I agree with Jay... Each Hdd I have
    ever bought, I have known the size is listed in kilo(1000, not 1024),
    mega(1000000) or Giga(1000000000) bytes, and have accepted it.

    These people are claiming that they were ignorant to the real size of the
    Hdd, it was listed on the front... they are just dumb americans, looking for
    money for nothing.

    T.N.O., Sep 28, 2003
  13. asdf

    Mainlander Guest

    It's still easier to say 1000 miles than 63360000 inches isn't it yet we
    are clear that 1000 does mean 1000, it doesn't mean 1024 just because we
    are talking about a computer instead.

    I didn't round off 1048576, I put xxx because I didn't have a calculator
    handy to do the calculation.
    that small amount of distance could well be within the error of what ever
    means they used to measure it. New installations since that time will
    have been measured with the correct distance.

    We're talking about digital computers, not analogue measurements like
    distance. 1024 is an exact value, it's not 1022.35 or something.

    Mainlander, Sep 28, 2003
  14. asdf

    Mainlander Guest

    I have in one of my old computers a 14,400 bps modem, also known as a
    14.4 kbps modem. Another computer has a 33,600 bps modem also known as a
    33.6 kbps modem.

    The capacity of a 3.5" double density FD is quoted as 720 KBytes. The
    high density version is 1440 KB - commonly abbreviated to 1.44 MB.

    Mainlander, Sep 28, 2003
  15. Americans look for any excuse for a court case.
    You may remember the recent case where a woman sued McDonalds because she

    Russell

    Russell Smithies, Sep 29, 2003
  16. asdf

    Brett Cooper Guest

    No your totally wrong, in a game of golf there is more than one four, you
    said "a" four. Each time the ball is hit, four is called. lol

    Brett Cooper, Sep 29, 2003
  17. asdf

    T.N.O. Guest

    The earths not flat... Im going to complain to my land agent, I asked for a
    flat section.

    And why doesnt the sea move to the lowest point?

    :)

    T.N.O., Sep 29, 2003
  18. asdf

    T.N.O. Guest

    Using compression or not?

    T.N.O., Sep 29, 2003
  19. asdf

    T.N.O. Guest

    They are fattening... I never knew, can we sue here(nz) for being a
    dumbarse?

    T.N.O., Sep 29, 2003
  20. asdf

    T.N.O. Guest

    Isn't it "fore", as in a forewarning of the ball coming, and isn't it only
    called out when someone is in danger of being hit?

    T.N.O., Sep 29, 2003