    oscilloscope. The problem sometimes occurs during the boot process but
    usually 5 minutes after boot.

    Peter F.

    Peter Fournia, Dec 18, 2003

  2. Peter Fournia

    Unk Guest

    Lockups are generally memory related. If you have two sticks, remove one
    and see if the problem goes away. If not, swap out the other.
    Better yet, borrow a known good stick.

    Unk, Dec 18, 2003

  3. Peter Fournia

    Bluesky Guest

    I can concur
    Every blue screen and lock up I have had in the last years
    has always been memory related

    --
    Cheers
    Paul [Bluesky Marketing]

    OFFER 20% Off Gadgets/Lasers/Nodding Dogs !

    http://www.blueskymarketing.co.uk/shopaff.asp?affid=12
    Then enter - newsgroup - as coupon at checkout to get discount

    Bluesky, Dec 18, 2003
  4. That CPU's probably not wonky unless you don't have it adequately
    cooled. More likely a memory thing. Got a buddy with a PC133 stick
    or two you can try?

    Blinky the Shark, Dec 18, 2003
  5. Peter Fournia

    philo Guest

    I'd say that it is probably the RAM...especially of you are using the
    "generic"
    type.

    philo, Dec 18, 2003
  6. Peter Fournia

    RJB Guest

    Are you saying you have your FSB to 133? If so lower it to 100. AFAIK the
    only AMD's using 133 FSB are Bartons.
    --
    RJB
    12/18/2003 3:32:38 PM

    "In a hierarchy, every employee tends to rise to his level of
    incompetence."
    -Laurence J. Peter

    RJB, Dec 18, 2003
  7. Peter Fournia

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Peter Fournia said:
    Check your cpu's temperature.
    Make sure you have fan with a high airflow.

    Brian H¹©, Dec 18, 2003