Computer Industry Workers May Face Cancer Risks

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by studyandjobs, Jul 1, 2006.

  1. studyandjobs

    studyandjobs Guest

    studyandjobs, Jul 1, 2006

  2. studyandjobs

    You Guest

    You, Jul 1, 2006

  3. studyandjobs

    Rich Guest

    Rich, Jul 1, 2006
  4. Interesting?!
    Last time I was in computer factory there were only automatic robots in
    the hall.
    Will have our sowing mashine (the one with the two feet pedal) x-rayed
    just in case. ( We are both retired and on Medicare!)

    (Yawn!)

    Have fun

    Stanislaw
    Slack use from Ulladulla.

    Stanislaw Flatto, Jul 2, 2006
  5. studyandjobs

    plew Guest

    The "studies" would be more interesting if there was a comparison
    between the risks of getting cancer vs getting killed via an car.

    e.g. how many new cancer cases each year vs the 50,000+ killed each year
    in an "accident".

    plew, Jul 2, 2006
  6. studyandjobs

    Mathue Guest

    Mathue, Jul 2, 2006
  7. studyandjobs

    Lee Sau Dan Guest

    studyandjobs> Computer Industry Workers May Face Cancer Risks
    .............................................^^^
    .............................................................^^^^^
    studyandjobs> http://www.studyandjobs.com/Comp_worker_cancer.html

    studyandjobs> or visit http://www.studyandjobs.com/Cancer.html

    "May", and "Risks". That applies to everything.

    Tell me who in this earth isn't facing any cancer *risks*?

    That informationless title alone already suggests that the article
    being referenced would be contentless.

    Lee Sau Dan, Jul 2, 2006
  8. In comp.os.linux.advocacy, [email protected]_abcdefghij.edu
    <[email protected]_abcdefghij.edu>
    wrote
    I don't know about new cases, but last time I looked cancer
    mortality was running about 900,000 a year, according to
    CDC stats (second only to heart disease at 1.4M or so).
    It might have gone down some but I doubt it's gone down
    to 50,000.

    The Ghost In The Machine, Jul 3, 2006
  9. studyandjobs

    plew Guest

    Will have to check as the numbers for the mortality by cancer you gave is
    much more than what I've seen/read even if it includes all countries.
    From what I've noticed, it seems to me that some numbers are double counted
    for the various illnesses, diseases & etc.

    plew, Jul 3, 2006
  10. studyandjobs

    Peter Jensen Guest

    Peter Jensen, Jul 3, 2006
  11. studyandjobs

    tacit Guest

    At least not yet. We're working on it, though. :) (My girlfriend is
    currently pursing a Ph.D. in biomedical nanotechnology with an eye
    toward going into longevity research.)

    tacit, Jul 4, 2006