    versa. I have check file and print sharing and it seems ok. My logs have an
    error which indicates a duplicate name on the system. If I look at the 2Wire
    all units are displayed. How do I get rid of the duplicate name.

    Guest, Apr 29, 2006

  2. Guest

    Kerry Brown Guest

    Go to the Start Menu, right click on My Computer, left click on Propeties,
    left click on the Computer Name tab, left click on the Change button. You
    can rename the computer here. Change only the name on one of the computers
    that has the duplicate name. Do not change the workgroup name or put
    anything into the Domain name box. Once you have changed the name on one of
    the computers shut down all the computers on the network. Once they are all
    shut down then you can restart them in any order. If the problem persists
    post back for more troubleshooting tips.

    Kerry Brown, Apr 29, 2006

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    That got all computers on line. I never thought of creating a new name and
    not worry about duplicates.

    Guest, Apr 29, 2006
  4. Guest

    Kerry Brown Guest