    Please give me some help on this one. The problem has just started
    recently.
    Thanks

    Sticks, Sep 2, 2007

  2. Curly: "Hey, Moe! Whaddaya think alla these settings are for in
    ControlPanel/PowerOptions?!"

    Moe: "Oh, smart guy, eh? Why, I oughtta..."

    Blinky the Shark, Sep 2, 2007

  3. Sticks

    Slacker Guest

    Assuming you're talking about a notebook, check your power management
    settings in the Control Panel.

    Slacker, Sep 2, 2007
  4. Sticks

    Jan B Guest

    Which brand is your computer? My Packard Bell has an energymanagement
    system in the configurationscreen.

    Jan B, Sep 2, 2007
  5. PB's still around? Huh.

    Blinky the Shark, Sep 3, 2007
  6. Sticks

    Plato Guest

    One thing that was really good about the older PBs is that you could
    slap in any brand of ram, mismatch chips and all, and it wouldn't
    complain a bit.

    Plato, Sep 3, 2007
  7. Personally, I've never had a problem with that anyway.

    Blinky the Shark, Sep 3, 2007
  8. Sticks

    Plato Guest

    Me either, just thought I'd mention it. I sold a lot of old ram that
    way.

    Plato, Sep 3, 2007
  9. I've certainly heard of advice about "matching" ram cards. Or at least
    I did 10 years ago. Not so much lately, I don't think.

    Blinky the Shark, Sep 3, 2007
  10. Sticks

    Top Guest

    Ya know my unkle drove a Packard. I'm thinking it probalby had a horn
    and didn't need the bell.

    Top

    Top, Sep 3, 2007
  11. You can still probably find at least one Packard bell on eBay. Or
    something *claimed* to be one. :)

    Blinky the Shark, Sep 3, 2007
  12. Sticks

    LJill.Cole Guest

    I'm having a similar problem, running Vista; Power Options are set to
    "never" sleep - yet at re-occurring times of 9:30 am and 10:30am the
    PC sleeps; any ideas?

    LJill.Cole, Sep 3, 2007
  13. Sticks

    nobody > Guest

    PB 286s and 386s were actually pretty damned good. They went downhill
    about the time of the 486"SX" debacle.

    nobody >, Sep 8, 2007