    Am i just being foolish to believe i can play this game again on the
    operating system i currently use or should i discard the game or offer to
    another computer user....

    Chris, Feb 7, 2007

  2. Chris

    John Guest

    It may be possible to run the game setup program under compatibility mode.
    If this works then you will probably have to run the game under
    compatibility mode as well.

    If that doesn't work, then the game is useless. Possibly you could run a
    dual boot system, but this would be very tricky if you already have WinXP
    installed, unless you're prepared to wipe the HD, install Windows 95 and
    then reinstall WinXP. Really, is it worth it for one game?

    What is the game BTW?

    John

    John, Feb 8, 2007

  3. Chris

    xbug.toxic Guest

    Yes JOHN, what u say is right. Xp offers the new compatiblity mode,
    using it wont affect anything, but giving a try is worthwhile!

    xbug.toxic, Feb 9, 2007
  4. Chris

    j1mb0jay Guest

    You could use an Virtual PC 2004 which Microsoft have released a free
    version of now, setting this up propperly will allow you to run serveral
    OS's at the same time, will allow you to play any of your old games without
    every worring about it "daming" XP

    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtualpc/default.mspx

    j1mb0jay, Feb 15, 2007