    CD. I upgraded from Service Pack 1 via the internet and have no such CD.
    Anyone have any ideas on how to solve either/both of these problems?

    Thanks

    Zap Eagle, Jul 12, 2006

  2. Zap Eagle

    Zap Eagle Guest

    Incidently, they both work with my laptop!

    Zap Eagle, Jul 12, 2006

  3. Zap Eagle

    Pennywise Guest

    |>I have Windows Media Center 2005 with all of the service packs and updates
    |>current. I have an external Firefly 20g hard-drive (USB powered) and a
    |>Western Digital 120g
    |>external hard-drive (Powered Externally that both had worked on this
    |>computer. Now when I plug either one of these hard-drives in to the USB
    |>port, it will freeze up every time I attempt do this. I tried to find a
    |>solution to this problem via Google and one of the solutions was to run SFC
    |>/scannow. When I tried this, the message asked for the Service Pack 2
    |>CD. I upgraded from Service Pack 1 via the internet and have no such CD.
    |>Anyone have any ideas on how to solve either/both of these problems?

    Download SP2 here http://tinyurl.com/5bobl
    then slipstream with XP
    http://winsupersite.com/showcase/windowsxp_sp2_slipstream.asp

    Pennywise, Jul 12, 2006
  4. Zap Eagle

    Zap Eagle Guest

    Thank you very much, I have download SP2 and will try the slipstream now.
    Thanks again for the quick response

    Zap Eagle, Jul 13, 2006