    foresnics kindof person.

    Do colleges offer such courses.

    Any online available?

    don, Sep 11, 2009

  2. don

    don Guest

    Actually your Google results is EXACTLY why I'm asking the question jerk.

    1520000 hits is a bit to much to read......... I like first hand, up to
    date, personal experience opinions.

    don, Sep 12, 2009

  3. don

    jackt Guest

    Civility??

    What are you trying to do? Ruin Usenet?

    jackt, Sep 17, 2009
  4. don

    Jyoti Ballabh

    Joined:
    Sep 1, 2009
    Messages:
    35
    Likes Received:
    0
    What I would suggest is that apply for a summer internship through NIST's or you could get it done through any Law Enforcement Agency. You will have to find out how much is your school willing to cooperate in such cases. These programs generally last for six months. So, you would have to take a couple of months off in addition to your summer vacation. They will ask for your CV along with your covering letter and also good grades in school. Needless to say, the foremost prerequisite is that you have to be a US citizen. There are institutions which have excellent programs in this field (MIT, UC Berkeley, Caltech, Princeton) but if you are going to do it, why not work with a Federal Agency. You will have hands on experience and will get to deal with cases.

    I am writing this on the basis of the experience which many of my labmates have been through and this is true to my knowledge. If you have any more queries, feel free to drop a line.

    Thank You.

    Jyoti Ballabh, Oct 10, 2009
  5. don

    schultzeecs

    Joined:
    Oct 12, 2009
    Messages:
    6
    Likes Received:
    0
    Yea, Jyoti is right. It exactly happens the way he explained it. I was an internee in the Summer of 2006. There is another point I wish to elaborate, when you are submitting your resume to them, keep it short (2 pages max) and be to the point. List only your academic achievements and the projects that you have COMPLETED.

    On a separate note, why do you want to be a computer forensic expert? You do this as a hobby or internship, it's ok but to do it as a full time employee. I don't know. If you are a good at programming go for R&D.

    p.s.- if you do manage to secure an internship with them, they will pay you well and take care of your lodging and airfare.

    schultzeecs, Oct 12, 2009
  6. don

    Jyoti Ballabh

    Joined:
    Sep 1, 2009
    Messages:
    35
    Likes Received:
    0
    There you have it!

    Jyoti Ballabh, Oct 12, 2009
  7. don

    Jyoti Ballabh

    Joined:
    Sep 1, 2009
    Messages:
    35
    Likes Received:
    0
    so, any luck with the whole computer forensics internship thing?

    Jyoti Ballabh, Nov 26, 2009