    to the router, which appears to be the problem.

    Any ideas?

    D.

    geercon, Jan 31, 2005

  2. Call your ISP. Be especially sure you can tell them if it's losing
    sync or not. Keep an eye on the modem lights. They'll usually tell
    you when sync drops.

    DSL modems have correcting routines. Sometimes noise or signal drift
    on the phone line, usually but not always inside the customer's
    premise, can cause the modem to have to make changes in how it handles
    signal in order to maintain sync. Sometimes these routines cut off
    usable bandwidth that's too noisy to use. But later, when the signal
    drifts back, that range is no longer available to use as it's been
    'disabled' by the modem due to the noise on it earlier. A powercycle
    of the modem and/or a button reset will often correct this but usually
    only temporarily. It will probably take a lot of calls to your ISP to
    resolve this as intermittent issues are always the worst.

    Good luck!

    Swill

    --
    "Local Power Company, how may I assist you today?"

    "My power is going out."

    "Have all your lights gone?"

    "No, just the one in the refrigerator."

    www.userfriendly.org