    pointers to information on how I could build something similar. Suggestions
    as to suitable microcontrollers and software etc would be great too. I sense
    a Christmas holiday project coming on :)

    dOTdASH, Dec 13, 2003

  2. dOTdASH

    John Guest

    On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 10:07:10 +1300, "dOTdASH"
    <> wrote:

    >I stumbled across this gadget during my web travels
    >http://www.efx.co.uk/ml/classic.html and wondered if anybody could provide
    >pointers to information on how I could build something similar. Suggestions
    >as to suitable microcontrollers and software etc would be great too. I sense
    >a Christmas holiday project coming on :)

    I'm interesed in making some nav lights for my boat with LED's but
    they arnt as cheap as I expected....
    where can I purchase cheap LED's - high intensity
    cheers
    John

    John, Dec 14, 2003

  3. On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 07:47:26 +1300, John wrote:

    > I'm interesed in making some nav lights for my boat with LED's but
    > they arnt as cheap as I expected....
    > where can I purchase cheap LED's - high intensity

    Try an auto electrical wholesaler or a good chandler.

    I regularly see hi-intensity truck/bus lamps and I'm sure that I've also
    seen hi-intensity nav lights on passing river barges...(They flicker)

    Uncle StoatWarbler, Dec 14, 2003
  4. dOTdASH

    DUser Guest

    On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 07:47:26 +1300, John wrote:

    > On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 10:07:10 +1300, "dOTdASH"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>I stumbled across this gadget during my web travels
    >>http://www.efx.co.uk/ml/classic.html and wondered if anybody could provide
    >>pointers to information on how I could build something similar. Suggestions
    >>as to suitable microcontrollers and software etc would be great too. I sense
    >>a Christmas holiday project coming on :)
    >>

    > I'm interesed in making some nav lights for my boat with LED's but
    > they arnt as cheap as I expected....
    > where can I purchase cheap LED's - high intensity
    > cheers
    > John

    Jaycar for hobby quantities
    Rexel for commercial stuff.