Computer Business

Discussion in 'Home Networking' started by TheOne, Jun 24, 2004.

  1. TheOne

    Jon Guest

    Jon, Jun 27, 2004

  2. TheOne

    Jon Guest

    I was afraid it might have been as quick as that :)
    "free" will give you a brief look at installed memory and what's been
    used. There's other stuff to show what processes are using what
    Bear in mind that the two most popular graphical interfaces, Gnome
    and KDE are pretty resourse hungry and don't run well on machines with
    low memory. There's others which need less memory

    ^^^^

    Agreed but I had to look it up :)

    Cheers
    Jon

    Jon, Jun 27, 2004

  3. TheOne

    deKay Guest

    Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Sat, 26 Jun
    Erm, XP runs happily (and quickly) on a 600MHz machine with 256Mb. In fact,
    it runs well enough for web browsing and Office on a K6-2 450MHz and 192Mb.

    I recently upgraded my PC from a 1.2GHz Duron to an Athlon 2600+, and to be
    honest, have noticed no difference at all.

    deKay

    deKay, Jun 27, 2004
  4. TheOne

    deKay Guest

    Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Sun, 27 Jun
    uk.comp.home-networking, yawatina tan reek esk deKay
    /me spots the "m". Doh.

    deKay

    deKay, Jun 27, 2004
  5. TheOne

    Guy Harrison Guest

    What on earth can be done to rabbits with a soldering iron & PVC tape that
    remains legal? :))
    Nor our ex-cat. Used to squat on power connector blocks. He's an ex-cat due
    to natural causes not electrocution btw! My mother was visiting once & left
    the phone on the floor. He dumped on that. He had a thing about cables. We
    used to have a bookshelf over the bed but he'd get up on it in the middle
    of the night then leap off onto us. Fortunately we've never owned a
    shotgun. Kept a water pistol on the bedside table though.

    Guy Harrison, Jun 28, 2004
  6. TheOne

    Guy Harrison Guest

    Isn't that a good thing?

    Guy Harrison, Jun 28, 2004
  7. TheOne

    Guy Harrison Guest

    No need for training. Cover it with fur (or even a trouser leg) and my
    mate's dog would do it for nowt!
    The skill of it lies in being able to dismantle & reassemble it repeatedly
    and always have some bits left over. Also works for engines.

    Guy Harrison, Jun 28, 2004
  8. TheOne

    Jim Berwick Guest

    I'm in the office right now (alone, working overnight, bored as hell). We
    have 2 P2 450s with 192 megs of RAM each running XP Pro. They are
    acceptable in performance, considering they are just test machines.

    Jim Berwick, Jun 28, 2004
  9. Hello Martin Underwood.
    Can I e-mail you? Is your e-mail valid?
    Cheers