Computer Business

Discussion in 'Home Networking' started by TheOne, Jun 24, 2004.

  1. 1 - 2 network problem calls solved with plagiaried responses, of course.

    Ed Jablonowski, Jun 25, 2004

  2. TheOne

    Plato Guest

    True, but there is time involved finding the drivers for the old cards
    that work.

    Plato, Jun 25, 2004

  3. But the time is made up by plagiarising usenet posts and not crediting the
    source, eh.

    Ed Jablonowski, Jun 25, 2004
  4. TheOne

    Plato Guest

    Yes often you have to cap your charge. You dont want to scare to death
    your typical home user with some high hourly rate. Sure, often you eat
    the time but you get a repeat customer. With win98 the average call was
    only an hour. With XP this went up to 2 hours.

    Sure, sometimes you are out 6 hours at a single home for $200 but $200
    is better then $0 dollars/day :)

    Besides, the next time the customer calls for something like spyware
    removal or other simple thing you dont feel quilty collecting $125 for
    45 minutes work.

    The repeat customers get you through the slow times, and believe me,
    there are some real slow times.

    Plato, Jun 25, 2004
  5. But you can make up any losses with a bit of surreptitious plagiarism.

    Ed Jablonowski, Jun 25, 2004
  6. TheOne

    leo Guest

    Much better to try someone like Tekheads - Dabs customer support is non-
    existent

    leo, Jun 25, 2004
  7. TheOne

    Plato Guest

    Find a parts distributor. Hopefully you'll find one less than an hour
    away from your home. They're not the easiest to find either as they may
    not be in the phone book. In New Jeresy USA they are all pretty much the
    same. Located in industrial parks near a major turnpike, generally have
    2 or 3 white guys, one Indian man, and one female Asian in the front
    office as sales persons, they require a tax id so your not charged sales
    tax, you can generally get the best prices and bargain with the
    non-white guys.

    Plato, Jun 25, 2004
  8. .... be able to plagiarise something.

    Ed Jablonowski, Jun 25, 2004
  9. TheOne

    Plato Guest

    Same here in the usa you need a tax id or they wont deal with you. Yes
    they like to deal in large quantities also for their corporate clients.
    However, paying with cash gets you
    the same treatment as a large client :)

    Another thing to keep in mind is that the salespersons deal in large
    quantities as you say, and may be selling a thousand modems/week with no
    problem. If you buy the same modem and cant get it to work it's your
    problem getting it to work.

    Plato, Jun 25, 2004
  10. TheOne

    Plato Guest

    Are you sure it's not the suds giving you the buzz?

    Plato, Jun 25, 2004
  11. .... can find a shitload of stuff to plagiarise.

    Ed Jablonowski, Jun 25, 2004
  12. .... already plagiarised?

    Ed Jablonowski, Jun 25, 2004
  13. TheOne

    Plato Guest

    Not necessarily. The person may have the know-how but doesn't have the
    pricing down yet. The biggest mistake new techs do starting out in their
    own business is NOT to charge enough for their time and NOT having a
    trunk/boot filled with cables and hardware. It does take some time to
    figure out what hardware you have to keep with you. In the beginning
    you'll be spening lots of time going back after you get the right part.
    After a while you learn what parts to keep in stock. From experience,
    I'd say you have to keep about a $1,000 worth of parts and tools in your
    auto. The key is to have whatever you need to fix a pc onsite without
    having to leave the site. Of course you dont have to stock mobos or
    cases tho having a new 17 monitor in your home/car/place of business
    ready to resell is recommended. The client will gladly pay you rather
    than go out and deal with buying one him/herself. Easy money.

    Plato, Jun 25, 2004
  14. .... proof that he's been plagiarised until he catches you.

    Ed Jablonowski, Jun 25, 2004
  15. I'll have to remember "drip-dry hedgehog" as a choice insult next time I'm
    trading insults with someone!

    Martin Underwood, Jun 25, 2004
  16. ROFL !

    Ed Jablonowski's Newspaper Printer, Jun 25, 2004
  17. Here, have some more...

    fuzzy, fuzzy gastric ulcer
    plastic, plastic howler monkey
    dickensian, dickensian fermentation bucket
    fungal, fungal bouncer
    contorted, contorted frock
    cancerous, cancerous insurance broker
    discredited, discredited freakface
    torn-up, torn-up flypaper
    stupefying, stupefying fluff
    three-way, three-way puddle
    insecure, insecure fruit fly
    bottle-fed, bottle-fed cloud of fart gas
    home-brewed, home-brewed hackberry
    stingy, stingy bat
    ruminant, ruminant politician
    shifty, shifty vomit
    high voltage, high voltage girl scout
    secondhand, secondhand measle
    two-a-penny, two-a-penny flaccidity
    greasy-haired, greasy-haired cat
    thievish, thievish fuckup
    pernicious, pernicious homo
    thunderous, thunderous hamster
    drowsing, drowsing dwarf
    knitted, knitted horse trader
    monotonic, monotonic g-string
    addlebrained, addlebrained midge
    sunburned, sunburned festered sore
    sexually-transmitted, sexually-transmitted haystack
    infernal, infernal airhead
    frumpish, frumpish agitationist
    aged, aged booger
    ratty, ratty gooseberry
    glaciated, glaciated nob
    fainthearted, fainthearted herpes sufferer
    ramshackle, ramshackle smegm-head
    disorganised, disorganised badger
    downmarket, downmarket codpiece
    motherless, motherless star spangled idiot
    wrongful, wrongful dolt
    antisocial, antisocial degenerate
    cavernous, cavernous genetic disease
    spotted, spotted gerbil
    lounging, lounging harlot
    short-winded, short-winded grocery replenishment assistant
    abscessed, abscessed bank manager
    genderless, genderless shoe
    squelched, squelched piece of slime
    flyblown, flyblown dewberry
    jarring, jarring pig
    common-kissing, common-kissing hoof
    flat-bottomed, flat-bottomed taxi-driver
    whiskery, whiskery buffoon
    woozy, woozy pigeon-egg
    chiffon, chiffon sheep
    overripe, overripe penis
    sticky, sticky nancy boy
    synaptic, synaptic clitoris
    ill-gotten, ill-gotten cannibal
    beat-up, beat-up hick
    gutless, gutless idiot
    spayed, spayed rectum
    putrid, putrid fairy floss
    imperceptible, imperceptible gimcrack
    dull, dull eyesore
    rootless, rootless fungus
    petticoated, petticoated lawyer
    dissembling, dissembling turkey
    old-world, old-world scut
    footsore, footsore spleenwort
    tailor-made, tailor-made dewberry
    disgraceful, disgraceful prawn
    bawling, bawling picolo player
    debilitated, debilitated clown
    third-rate, third-rate codpiece
    strung-out, strung-out hotelier

    Ed Jablonowski, Jun 25, 2004
  18. Hi! My name is Ed Jablonowski! Besides being a plagiarist, I am also a/an...

    sloppy, sordid star spangled idiot
    stinking, heavy fuckhead
    unnecessary, off-center wacker
    ineffectual, chopfallen fuckster
    drupaceous, tailor-made worm casting
    stereotypical, treacly genetic mutation
    imbalanced, crookbacked scrotum
    slowgoing, snoopy malt-worm
    subjective, misshapen herpes sufferer
    monosyllabic, airless estate agent
    gap-toothed, ramshackle measle
    sticky, phlegmy flagellant
    rash, diarrhoeal pig
    tetchy, pruned pumpion
    tapered, rootless vomit
    barefoot, suasible pussyfart
    neurotic, emotive agitationist
    depressive, low-class parrot
    hooflike, smoke-dried thug
    narcoleptic, puny roadkill
    stagnant, putrid canker-blossom
    beslubbering, hallucinating queer
    droll, headless grape
    muggy, panic-stricken thief
    faecal, fraudulent arselicker
    second-rate, overweight flytrap
    knotty, sunburned fruit bat
    out-of-bounds, left over clam
    tiring, rock-bottom bottom feeder
    no-chinned, artless shoe
    self-possessed, symbiotic horse
    ruminant, reactionist elephant
    porn-ogling, worm-infested yodeller
    idle, semiskilled cheese
    distended, two-sided tinsel covered christmas tree fairy
    germy, trumped-up maggot
    dislikable, jabbering sock
    amusing, thrown-away dogfish
    bacchanalian, nosy boxer
    thick, shrivelled mullet
    stock-still, thievish hamburger
    three-way, unfit puddle of puke
    fogyish, do-it-yourself jolthead
    antisocial, overheated idiot
    gothic, overdone vent renter
    communistic, pessimal heckler
    nonhuman, jaded vegan
    long-distance, microbic flunkey
    morose, pouch-shaped politician
    outdone, clitoric hayseed

    Ed Jablonowski, Jun 25, 2004
  19. TheOne

    Jon Guest

    On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 09:17:17 +0100,

    [..]
    simple, you type "free" at the comand line

    Jon

    Jon, Jun 25, 2004
  20. TheOne

    Tx2 Guest

    What command line .... !!!

    Easy for you, you obviously know it .... but to a 'virgin', it was
    horrific.

    Windows is, IMO, a lot easier to digest at first glance.

    Of course, as ever, YMMV

    Tx2, Jun 25, 2004