    upgrading the XP would i jsut purchase this at PC World etc. or is there
    another cheaper place.

    Thanks In Advance

    TheOne, Jun 24, 2004

  2. Why dont you pick up the yellow pages and make some enquiries that way, then
    you will have a better idea of what others charge

    Essex Computers, Jun 24, 2004

  3. TheOne

    Bob Eager Guest

    Sorry, this is an adverts newsgroup (uk.adverts.computer) and your
    article is off-topic here, as well as possibly in some of the other
    groups you have cross posted to.

    Bob Eager, Jun 24, 2004
  4. TheOne posted:
    If you have to ask that question here then I'd venture to say that you
    shouldn't even consider it. You obviously haven't thought about how to
    find out what the local competition are offering, whether you should be
    VAT registered or not, Limited liability insurance, trade sources,
    advertising... the list is endless.

    --
    Paul-B

    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."
    - Mario Andretti

    Reply to address is spam-trap. Use paul at streetka dot biz if you
    really must!

    Paul-B - the original and the best!, Jun 24, 2004
  5. TheOne

    Lurch Guest

    I'd reconsider if I were you.
    Not really, no.
    Do you actually know anything about computers? I think helping you to
    setup a business would only add another cowboy to already over
    cowboyed IT arena.
    Don't mention it.

    Lurch, Jun 24, 2004
  6. TheOne

    Unknown Guest

    What's your background? What makes you think you can fix computers? Can you
    state the type of power supplies used in computers?

    Unknown, Jun 24, 2004
  7. TheOne

    Scraggy Guest

    Electric. What do I win?

    Scraggy, Jun 24, 2004
  8. TheOne

    Zebedee Guest

    Umm.... My local college ran courses in PC installation and repair some
    while ago. I felt sorry for the poor suckers that were conned out of their
    hard-earned cash by promises that these courses would help them to set up
    their own businesses or to get jobs.

    The fact is that there are already a great number of businesses involved in
    PC repair. Most of them are somewhat poor and haven't the foggiest about how
    to fix O/S problems. Idiots can be identified by their answer to most O/S
    problems being to reformat and reinstall.

    Because there are so many competing for your cash, earnings are dropping.
    More people in the industry will drive repair down the pan and the already
    shoddy quality will get shoddier.
    Ring around and find what the locals are charging.
    Umm... If you need to ask this then you're really clueless. Nobody buys
    anything from PC World who has any sense. Try pricerunner/dealtime to find
    the cheapest prices.

    --
    Yours

    Zebedee

    (Claiming asylum in an attempt
    to escape paying his debts to
    Dougal and Florence)

    Zebedee, Jun 24, 2004
  9. Natural gas?

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Jun 24, 2004
  10. TheOne

    Rifleman Guest

    Oh I dunno - it's quite useful to be able to buy a printer cable at 8
    o'clock at night........

    Rifleman, Jun 24, 2004
  11. TheOne

    Zebedee Guest

    Why would anybody want to buy a printer cable at 8pm?

    Zebedee, Jun 24, 2004
  12. TheOne

    Conor Guest

    The fact that you've even suggested PC World as a source for anything
    computer related shows that you are far from ready to do this. Anyone
    with enough knowledge to be able to charge for repairing and building
    PCs would know not to get anything from PC World unless it was an
    absolute emergency and there was no other option.

    Stick to building and repairing for mates for a while longer and check
    out uk.comp.vendors.

    Some suppliers (in no order)

    Aria, Scan, CCL, Ebuyer

    Conor, Jun 24, 2004
  13. what about 3am in the morning ?

    what a pointless post

    Essex Computers, Jun 24, 2004
  14. TheOne

    Rifleman Guest

    Whoooosh---------->

    Now **** off you prat.

    Rifleman, Jun 24, 2004
  15. TheOne

    Unknown Guest

    If I had to guess, I would guess that would be his response.

    Unknown, Jun 24, 2004
  16. TheOne

    Bryan Guest

    I see you have trouble using OE!

    Bryan, Jun 24, 2004
  17. TheOne

    Unknown Guest

    How can you 'see' that?

    Unknown, Jun 24, 2004
  18. TheOne

    Bryan Guest

    -------- Here

    Bryan, Jun 24, 2004
  19. TheOne

    Soruk Guest

    You've never had your pet cat/dog chew on your parallel/USB cable?

    (of course, if it was a power cable it would be an ex-cat/ex-dog.)

    Soruk, Jun 24, 2004
  20. TheOne

    Rifleman Guest

    LOL!