    couple on the net, this may not be a common solution. Prices for
    these boxes also run from $80.00 to $150.00. I would
    appreciate any and all thoughts. Thanks.

    Scribner, Apr 20, 2005

  2. Scribner

    pcbutts1 Guest

    No, leave it like it is.

    pcbutts1, Apr 20, 2005

  3. Scribner

    JANA Guest

    You cannot directly "Y" video. If you do, it will double terminated, and
    therefore, there will be losses. You would need a video distribution
    amplifier, if you want to distribute or do the equivalent of having a "Y"
    for the video.

    The same is also applies for audio.

    --

    JANA
    _____

    I posted this in a HDTV newsgroup, and I only received 1 response. So
    I'm hoping for a more in-depth response here.

    I have a Pioneer HDTV. It has 5 inputs. #1 is a male composite SYNC
    Analog RGB input. #2 is HDMI. #3 is S-video. #4 is a RCA video
    input. #5 is component. I have not used #1 and #2. I have a RCA to
    S-video cable to connect my VCR to Input #3. My progressive scan DVD
    is connected to #4 and my HDTV cable box is connected to #5. But my
    DVD also has composite video outputs. It has occurred to me that I
    could "Y" off #5 and input both the DVD and the cable box. However,
    the "Y" RCA wires are less heavy than the RGB cables that I'm using.
    Would I gain anything by Y-ing the DVD and the cable box? Also, would
    I be losing anything? Would the DVD picture be any worse? It was
    suggested that I use a switch box however, since I can only find a

    JANA, Apr 20, 2005
  4. Scribner

    Scribner Guest

    Thanks.

    Scribner, Apr 20, 2005
  5. Scribner

    Scribner Guest

    Ok, thanks.

    Scribner, Apr 20, 2005
  6. Scribner

    Barry OGrady Guest

    He is wrong. I have the video output from my VCR going to both my TV and
    my computer TV card. I have the audio going to my TV, a stereo amp, and my
    TV card.

    Barry

    Barry OGrady, Apr 21, 2005