Completing MCAD - Which exam?

Discussion in 'MCAD' started by CodeRazor, Nov 2, 2005.

  1. CodeRazor

    CodeRazor Guest

    Hi,

    I have completed

    70-315: Developing web apps in C#
    70-316: Developing windows apps in C#

    I want to take one more exam to achieve my MCAD certification.

    From what I gather, i am able to take either of the exams below to complete
    this path
    70-320: Web Services
    OR
    70-229: Sql Server

    Is this correct. The input of anyone with experience on the above would be
    very helpful to me. I have looked at
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcad/requirements.asp
    but its still not clear to me.

    Many thanks.

    CR

    CodeRazor, Nov 2, 2005

  2. No you must have one of the core exams from the second paragraph, i.e 310 or
    320.

    Best regards Björn Olsson
    Head of Technology
    Centre for Business Solutions
    Gothenburg School of Economics and Commercial Law
    University of Göteborg
    Department of Business and Administration
    PO BOX 610
    SE-405 30 Gothenburg Sweden
    P: +46317732767
    C: +46708630872
    F: +46317734754

    Björn Olsson, Nov 2, 2005

  3. CodeRazor

    Vipul Patel Guest

    make it 70-320 and your domination in C# is complete. ;)

    Regards
    Vipul

    Vipul Patel, Nov 2, 2005
  4. CodeRazor

    CodeRazor Guest

    thanks.

    So, completeing the exams below makes MCAD.

    70-315 web in C#
    70-316 windows in C#
    70-320 webservices in C#

    I believe this is true, but any confirmation given would be helpful as I
    don't want to go on a track that isn't worth the MCAD

    thank you!

    CodeRazor, Nov 3, 2005
  5. Yes thats one way to do it.
    Good luck!

    //B

    Björn Olsson, Nov 3, 2005
  6. CodeRazor

    Vipul Patel Guest

    Good luck

    Vipul Patel, Nov 3, 2005
  7. CodeRazor

    Sean Guest

    Sean, Dec 5, 2005
  8. CodeRazor

    nelda Guest

    That is what I do as I do want to dominate C#!!!
    But guys, have you checked the MCPD things?

    nelda, Dec 8, 2005
  9. CodeRazor

    Sean Guest

    MCPD...yes yes. That is why I stopped at MCAD and decided to pick up 2.0 books.

    I heard a rumor that MS is going to start pushing VB.NET which in my view is
    good becuase functionally they are exactly the same but VB.NET responds much
    better to intellisense.

    Future exams will not be posted as C# or VB.NET you just elect which systax
    you want the exam to be in.

    Additionally at least for ASP.NET 2.0 a single project can have files
    written in any lanuage one wants. Projects have seperate folders.

    I guess what I am trying to say is that in my mind C# vs VB.NET is kind of
    like blue ink vs black ink.

    Sean, Dec 8, 2005
  10. CodeRazor

    nelda Guest

    Hmm, not exactly. Try to override operator in VB!
    Hehe, I know, I like black ink (C#) better....because it is gel ink, not
    your ordinary ink!

    nelda, Dec 8, 2005
  11. CodeRazor

    Sean Guest

    From what I have read from several offical sources is that VB.NET and C# are
    EXACTLY the same with one and only one execption.

    In VB you can turn off strongly typed variable declartions. Thats it,
    nothing more.

    But I might be mistaken.

    Sean, Dec 8, 2005
  12. CodeRazor

    Sean Guest

    for clarification of above I am speaking of VB.NET not VB6.

    VB.NET is a fullyly functional OOP now.

    Sean, Dec 8, 2005