    My OS is windows xp Home.
    Please I need help.
    Thank you all.

    Hoogan $$$, May 21, 2006

  2. Hoogan $$$

    Chet Guest

    A "compiler" is the software that converts source code into the internal
    language of the particular machine and operating system you are using.
    There are many such programming languages but the most common these days is
    "C" with several variations. As far as I know, XP home does not come with a
    compiler for any language.

    Chet, May 21, 2006

  3. Hoogan $$$

    Duane Arnold Guest

    You got to have a compiler that's going to compile the language.
    There is no such thing on any O/S.

    A compiler that is not part of the O/S must be used to compile the program
    into an executable file that can be run on the intended O/S platform such as
    Windows, Linux, Apple etc, etc.
    I suggest you search Google for a complier that is going to compile the
    program for the O/S platform it's to run on. There are free compilers you
    may find based on the programming language and O/S platform.

    Google is your friend.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, May 21, 2006
  4. Hoogan $$$

    Hoogan $$$ Guest

    I read in some books that windows has a Compiler.
    My program Language is C++, and I look for a free strong Compiler.
    Thanks

    Hoogan $$$, May 22, 2006
  5. Hoogan $$$

    Robert Baer Guest

    Nope! You read incorrectly; more likely you misunderstood what you
    think you read.
    AFAIK no OS has ever been installed with a compiler.
    No company that sells operating systems have any way of knowing what
    the user may or may not want or need for compilers: FORTRAN, COBOL,
    ALGOL, MODULA, BASIC, PASCAL, etc, etc and etc (if i may quote Yul Brynner).
    Hell, a number of computer users may ahve no idea as to what language
    (or languages) they may wish to use in the future.
    Compilers are usually available from vendors that do not sell
    oeperating systems, but there are exceptions: Sun, Micro$uck, IBM, DEC, etc.
    And it would help to know what *language* you might use...

    Robert Baer, May 22, 2006
  6. Hoogan $$$

    Hoogan $$$ Guest

    But I read in some books that the operating system has Compiler. I
    use C++
    Yes, some OS _do_ come with C++ compilers, for example, Linux (and
    Solaris 10, sort of (g++ comes with it, but the real compiler suite is a
    free download as well)).

    MS Want you to pay for their Visual C++ product, but I think you can
    download the Express version of the .NET variant of it for free from MS.
    Go to the MS site and search for "Free VC++ .NET Compiler", you'll
    probably need to download the .NET runtime as well.

    Hoogan $$$, May 23, 2006
  7. Hoogan $$$

    Bazzer Smith Guest

    You can buy (or steal) a Microsoft Windows C compiler but they
    do not supply one (freely) with the operating system.

    OK

    I use the compiler but I write in C however you can use CC+ if you wish
    http://www.delorie.com/djgpp/

    It is the best free compiler I have found, it is *excellent*.

    Get the files you need from here
    http://www.delorie.com/djgpp/zip-picker.html

    Installation is OK if you follow the instructions

    Let me know if you have any probs (especially if it complains
    about a corrupt .env file), but you should have no problems
    running it. It is the best and easiest free compiler I have found.

    Bazzer Smith, May 25, 2006