    running horizontally and not so fine dots. The results from the hp
    cartridge give me no lines and much finer dots.

    Are compatible cartridges usually so different?

    Canon Paora Tikitiki, Oct 24, 2005

  2. Canon Paora Tikitiki

    Rob J Guest

    You can't expect identical results since they won't know the ink
    formulation which is a trade secret.

    Rob J, Oct 24, 2005

  3. Canon Paora Tikitiki

    XP Guest

    Yes get a better brand one, like the UK made Jet Tec with 30% more Ink.

    http://www.jettec.co.uk/index.asp

    Their use to be a NZ agent, but it looks a bit dead to me..

    http://computerone.co.nz/

    Or this firm www.inkpost.co.nz for other brands..

    XP, Oct 24, 2005
  4. Canon Paora Tikitiki

    thingy Guest

    We had a epson c70 which was a very nice printer, switched to a
    compatible black cartridge which

    1) Used lots more ink as it kept having to be cleaned and when you
    cleaned it was all 4 cartridges....

    2) After a few weeks blocked the head ruining the printer....

    So, personally I am very reluctant to purchase non-genuine again...

    regards

    Thing

    thingy, Oct 24, 2005
  5. Canon Paora Tikitiki

    Enkidu Guest

    Are you absolutely sure that your naked males don't have
    purple streaks on them?

    http://www.magicdragon.com/Wallace/Brave1.html

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Oct 24, 2005
  6. Canon Paora Tikitiki

    Ray Colvill Guest

    Clone cartridges killed two of my Epson printers.

    Epson's hate clones---period.

    One of their most prolific clone resellers did not want to
    know of a potential claim on their warranty.

    Sent it into a PC shop who confirmed the nozzles were
    blocked,got it in writing, passed it on to the reseller.

    Who came back with the excuse my 18 month old printer
    was worn out.

    Not there fault.

    QUESTION---Has anybody won a clone damage claim.

    Ray Colvill, Oct 25, 2005
  7. Canon Paora Tikitiki

    XP Guest

    Just get the print head cleaned, I did it myself on me 740 Epson and that had
    always used Epson Ink..

    All Epson printers must be powered up ones a week and not used in a Hot
    environment

    Then only use Jet Tec ink Tanks.

    XP, Oct 25, 2005
  8. Canon Paora Tikitiki

    Bling Bling Guest

    Hmmm...

    Are you suggesting, Woger, that the Epson's ink cartriges are not suitable
    for Epson's printers?

    Bling Bling

    Bling Bling, Oct 25, 2005
  9. HARRUMPH! You have the colossal audacity to question the pronouncements
    of our resident goo-roo? Egad, Sir - it simply won't do, you might
    frighten the horses and scare the goldfish! Then where would we be?!

    --
    Regards,
    Nicolaas.

    .... No one is listening to you - until you fart.

    Nicolaas Hawkins, Oct 25, 2005
  10. Canon Paora Tikitiki

    Bling Bling Guest

    LOL - Nice! :eek:)

    Bling Bling

    Bling Bling, Oct 25, 2005
  11. Canon Paora Tikitiki

    Phstpok Guest

    Nicolaas Hawkins stubbed out the damp squib on 25/10/2005 8:35 p.m.and
    tried to bring to our attention, this pearl of wisdom:
    No more water polo?

    Phstpok, Oct 25, 2005
  12. Canon Paora Tikitiki

    roberthe

    Joined:
    Apr 21, 2008
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    I have to say, for inkjet printer, the main business secret is the printing heat.
    For the fomular of ink, it is really simply. That's why the ink tank which is without printing heat is really cheap and the ink cartridge with printing heat is really expensive.
    For HP cartridges, most compatible manufacturers have few compatible empty tank(with printing heat) because of the technical issue. Others are recycled. They should hightlight which one is recycled...

    roberthe, Apr 21, 2008