  1. I have bought a Nikon D70,and the photos don,t seem to be so good as my Fuji
    FinePix S500.Can some one tell me is the case when moving from a compact to
    a Slr.

    Stephen Manaton, Apr 24, 2005

  2. Stephen Manaton

    Sheldon Guest

    Sheldon, Apr 24, 2005

  3. Stephen Manaton

    Bigguy Guest

    In what way not as good?

    Do they look a bit flat/dull and a tad underexposed?

    Either set the camera to do more sharpening and colour OR
    use Photoshop or similar to make adjustments...

    Check levels with the Histogram display and adjust where needed, boost
    colour a bit, sharpen a bit, warm/cool colour balance if required...

    P+S cameras do a lot of processing for you - dSLRs allow you to do this
    yourself... ;-)

    Guy

    Bigguy, Apr 24, 2005
  4. You're either seeing the learning curve in *operating* the D70, or
    perhaps you're seeing a different set of in-camera settings that call
    for more post-processing. I go for non-exaggerated colors, and no
    sharpening, in my DSLR, because I prefer to handle that myself later.
    Some of the P&S digicams go for rather high contrast, saturated
    colors, and heavy sharpening, which for some kinds of photos would
    make them look better than the immediate DSLR output (before my
    post-processing adjustments). You're getting cleaner pixels from your
    D70 than from your S500, unless you're doing something wrong as the
    operator.

    David Dyer-Bennet, Apr 24, 2005
  5. Stephen Manaton

    RK Guest

    Good question. I'm strugglng through the same thing between my Olympus
    5060 and E-300. Almost everything on 300 seems a bit underexposed and
    even flat. Tis a matter of getting to know the equipment and settings.
    I do find that when I use raw on the 300 I get a lot to work with, so
    it's a matter of practice making perfect. And, of course, PS always
    comes to the rescue.

    RK, Apr 25, 2005