Compare Online DVD Rental Stores

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by nt, Nov 16, 2005.

  1. nt

    nt Guest

  2. nt

    Greta xxx Guest

    nt wrote:

    I find this one better for UK free DVD trials, it's updated regularly-

    http://www.rabid.oneuk.com/dvd.html

    A maet told me that the Sainsbury 30 day offer doesn't check your
    address properly, so you can spell it differently and get multiple free
    offer periods......I tried it and it works!!! Miss out your postcode
    and put "Two" instead of "2" as your house number and you get ane xtra
    30 days free rentals, 3 at a time!!!!!

    Greta
    xxxxx

    Greta xxx, Nov 16, 2005

  3. nt

    nt Guest

    I think in the U.S., rental stores like Netflix, Blockbuster, etc...
    also match free trial subscribers by credit card information.

    So, people can try to use different address but if they use the same
    credit card, it won't work.

    n.t.

    nt, Nov 18, 2005
  4. nt

    Bob Guest

    It's a combination of street address digits and the last 4 digits of
    the credit card number. That is a sufficiently unique combination to
    identify you. I discussed this with both Netflix and Blockbuster -
    they both use to identify you on the phone - and they told me they
    have never had a collision with another person's identity.

    The use of the term "collision" will be understood by those familiar
    with hash codes.

    --

    BOYCOTT SONY!

    SONY IS TRYING TO TAKE OVER YOUR COMPUTER!

    HOMELAND SECURITY TOLD SONY TO CEASE AND DESIST!

    YOU DO THE SAME - BOYCOTT SONY!

    Bob, Nov 20, 2005