compaq question

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by me, Dec 17, 2004.

  1. Is it possibly accessible with an offset screwdriver?

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, Dec 19, 2004

  2. «bonehead;\), Dec 19, 2004

  3. PS.. sometimes it helps to think like an over efficient production engineer,
    that is how would all these pieces go in the fastest...
    Compaqs are not known for being eeasy to work with once you
    get them home...

    «bonehead;\), Dec 19, 2004
  4. me

    Lonny Bruce Guest

    You wrote:

    "The link to
    the PDF file containging instructions on part removal, and case removal was
    a dead link--the pdf finished downloading, but there was nothing in it."

    Try right clicking on the link, save target as... and then once it has
    downloaded to your computer, try to open it from the file you saved it to.

    Not sure if you are using XP w/ SP2, but I have run into this problem before
    with .pdf files and XP SP2.

    Lonny Bruce, Dec 19, 2004
  5. I got a presario isn't one side rivted and the other with screws????

    I have seen poprivets used to prevent access so get out the drill and
    drill the head of the rivet off. I just to ask another question maybe
    yopu know. How do you get to the bios setup when it is protected by a
    password???

    Another mistery olf the comos

    Martin Kleinebeck, Dec 29, 2004
  6. Remove the CMOS battery or enable the CMOS clear jumper, if there is
    one.

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, Dec 29, 2004
  7. me

    AG Guest

    Some laptops have a couple of contacts that you have to short with a
    screwdriver to clear the CMOS. You just have to find the manual for that
    particular machine online.

    AG

    AG, Dec 30, 2004