    Any pointers appreciated.

    Thanks,

    Dave

    DaveG, Aug 4, 2003

  2. You could go down this track but this is the way I look at it.

    I charge $100+ per hour for IT work.

    I am looking at say 2 - 3 hours locating and procuring this part which is
    worth say $250-400. That is if one can be had second hand!

    The maths doesn't work for me.

    The only other suggestion is a US based broker that has access to many more
    machines that are available in NZ. Only question is the cost of freight etc.

    Good luck!!!

    Regards

    Justin

    Justin C. Le Grice, Aug 4, 2003

  3. DaveG

    DaveG Guest

    I've already located several US sources for the psu.

    The nice thing about usenet is that by posting a query one may happen
    upon someone who may have a ready answer. In this case it's not
    inconceivable that someone may have solved a similar problem recently or
    even have a psu sitting on a shelf.

    Cheers,

    Dave

    DaveG, Aug 4, 2003
  4. DaveG

    DaveG Guest

    OK, thanks for the pointer.

    Dave

    DaveG, Aug 4, 2003
  5. DaveG

    pete Guest

    RCN and associates (in Auckland phone book) have a bit of used Compaq
    gear. Pretty sure they sell stuff via Trade-Me,also

    pete, Aug 4, 2003