    contact Microsoft UK dept or is it possible to puchase through a normal UK
    software vendor (eg. Dabs)

    Any advice on this topic would be helpful.

    *** HAWK, Nov 13, 2003

  2. *** HAWK

    rifleman Guest

    I think 5 is the minimum number for Volume Licensing.
    Your friend would probably get copies cheaper at a discount vendor rather
    than from MS direct....

    rifleman, Nov 13, 2003

  3. *** HAWK

    Geoff Guest

    We bought them about a year ago from Simply Computers www.simply.co.uk.
    Office XP standard was £259.84 each and XP professional was £313.05. They
    have probably gone up since then.
    We purchased 4 std and 1 Pro I don't know if you can buy less than 5.

    You could ring them about charity status on 0870 727 6830

    Geoff.

    Geoff, Nov 13, 2003
  4. *** HAWK

    John Guest

    We got our Windows XP Pro OEM from Discount CD ROM for just £99+VAT a copy.
    Phone number 01702 460560
    John

    John, Nov 13, 2003
  5. *** HAWK

    why? Guest

    On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 15:30:07 -0000, *** HAWK wrote:

    x-post trimmed to 24HSHD from
    24hoursupport.helpdesk,microsoft.public.office
    The MS US site has loads about licensing / minimun orders for each level
    and links for charaties IIRC.
    Try the UK MS site maybe.
    http://www.microsoft.com/uk/default.asp
    Ask the vendors. You already mentioned Dabs. Some of the larger vendors
    run the MS volume license and other schemes. A few emails or phone cals
    should get you what you want.
    http://uk.insight.com/index.php
    http://www.simply.co.uk/
    http://www.dabs.com/uk