    2, so I am not happy I have been billed so soon.

    regards

    Thing

    thing, Feb 24, 2005

  2. thing

    Ryan Jacobs Guest

    To the best of my knowledge, there is no "rule" or law that applies.
    But, sheer common sense dictates that a compnay does not bill the
    client untill the goods have been dispatched.

    My advice to you is tell them to stuff it. If that's their pre-sales
    service standards - god only knows what the after-sales service
    standard would be.

    Ryan Jacobs, Feb 24, 2005

  3. thing

    EMB Guest

    That depends on what the item is. If it's a specially procured item
    just for that customer I think it's reasonable not only to bill but also
    expect payment before they order the item in.

    EMB, Feb 24, 2005
  4. thing

    Ryan Jacobs Guest

    Yes, I can see your point. But, in the case where a "item" is made to
    order, then either a small deposit is requested, or an upfront
    indication that the client will be billed in advanced is required.

    Again, it's sheer common sense to fully communicate the full terms and
    conditions with a potential customer.

    Ryan Jacobs, Feb 24, 2005
  5. thing

    Gordon Guest

    It is either potential paying customer, or just customer. ;-)

    Gordon, Feb 24, 2005
  6. Send em a note saying you have back ordered their money :)

    Bruce

    (if there were any)

    Bruce Sinclair, Feb 24, 2005
  7. thing

    Gurble Guest

    I assume it is your Credit Card that has been billed?

    There are not laws against it, but they are in breach of their
    Merchant Agreement.

    They are not allowed to charge a credit card until an item is
    dispatched.

    Ring your bank and complain.

    Gurble, Feb 24, 2005
  8. Who was this with ?

    -=[Waylon Smithers]=-, Feb 24, 2005
  9. thing

    thing Guest

    A company I am very surprised this happened with. They came highly
    recommended by many people, and our Uni uses them for parts as well. So
    I am treating this as a one off boob at present provided they sort
    crediting my account out quickly.

    regards

    Thing

    thing, Feb 24, 2005
  10. thing

    thing Guest

    I thought there was something like this, I am surprised there is no
    Legislation protecting the consumer on this though.

    regards

    Thing

    thing, Feb 24, 2005
  11. a lot of corporates block double file extensions(.blah.whatever) as it
    is just easier than having to clean up afterwards.

    not sure if we do it or not, but yeah, lots do.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Feb 24, 2005
  12. thing

    Jerry Guest

    And how is that an excuse for billing your credit card without shipping
    goods?

    Jerry

    Jerry, Feb 24, 2005
  13. well its obvious... er umm... there are dots on your credit card.. and
    err.. they have to bill it before it reaches the email virus filter :-D

    Shane (aka froggy), Feb 24, 2005