    capability"

    http://www.photoxels.com/fujifilm-f30-review.html

    Yeap THE best Compact on ther market by far....quasi SLR quailty!

    Guest, Jul 25, 2006

  2. Guest

    John Turco Guest

    Hello, Kinga202:

    I've a hunch that you're a dyed-in-the-wool Fuji fan -- just call me
    psychic! :-D

    Cordially,
    John Turco <>

    John Turco, Jul 25, 2006

  3. Matching a DSLR, eh? So it has a mirror and interchangeable lenses now?
    And it's big and acoustically noisy? Doesn't sound like the camera for me
    then!

    <G>

    David

    David J Taylor, Jul 25, 2006
  4. Guest

    Alfred Molon Guest

    Who needs mirrors. I bought a Sony R1 because it does not have a mirror.

    Alfred Molon, Jul 25, 2006
  5. Guest

    Hebee Jeebes Guest

    Shame it has a lowly 3X zoom. Nothing special hear. If you think its like a
    dSLR then I suspect you should see you doctor for some meds. It doesn't even
    come close to the performance of features of even the most pathetic dSLR.

    Now it maybe a good compact, but that doesn't make it comparable in any way
    to a dSLR.

    Hebee Jeebes, Jul 25, 2006
  6. Guest

    Bob Williams Guest

    Heavy on the Quasi......Real heavy.
    Bob Williams

    Bob Williams, Jul 25, 2006
  7. That's a camera I would very much like to have, but I've been spoilt with
    the 432mm equivalent image stabilised zoom lens on my existing ~300g
    (weight) camera. The same focal length on the Sony would be rather
    heavier. <G>

    David

    David J Taylor, Jul 25, 2006
  8. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Heya John,

    Yeah well i do like the FinePix product [Got a old F420 and taken
    10,000's of photos with it, never missed a beat AAA batteries sux
    though]

    Sure, other brands are just as good, esp. the likes of Canon and Kodak

    XD card suxs though, stuck on 1GB while the others are at 4GB

    BUT i am a brand_slut and would change for other brand if superior
    product at a better price...

    Cheers

    K202

    Guest, Jul 25, 2006
  9. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Kool, please inform which SLR you can fit in your pocket takes OVER 500
    photos on a std. battery charge AND costs low $300...[Oh and called a
    COMPACT]

    Await your reply

    K202

    Guest, Jul 25, 2006
  10. Guest

    ASAAR Guest

    For shooting in Transylvania?

    ASAAR, Jul 25, 2006
  11. Guest

    Roy G Guest

    You really are getting to be a bore with this Blinkered View of the Camera
    world.

    Your current reviewer, seems to have missed the poor colour rendition and
    the Chromatic aberrations at all ISO levels, and you have managed to
    overlook those not inconsiderable faults yet again.

    As I think I have said before, it may be a moderately reasonable Camera, but
    world beater it is not.

    "Quasi dslr quality" Is that a misstype? Should it not be Quasimodo
    quality.

    Oh, I nearly forgot. It does not have a Viewfinder.

    Roy G

    Roy G, Jul 25, 2006
  12. Guest

    minnesotti Guest

    I have used several compact digital cameras, and I have never been
    sorry that they did not have optical viewfinder. I do not like to use
    them. I prefer to use the LCD screen for framing the shot, because you
    get what you see. This is important for me. I am a perfectionist. With
    the viewfinders, they cut out part of the frame, and you never get on
    the image what you saw in the viewfinder.

    minnesotti, Jul 25, 2006
  13. <guffaw!>

    Right, no sense in annoying those people.

    Neil Harrington, Jul 25, 2006
  14. Guest

    Mark Guest

    I have the F11 which also has poor color rendition, and boosting it
    with the Chroma setting is too much. Sad to hear the F30 also has the
    same problem.
    Indeed, with the similar F11, it was impossible to frame sunny beach
    shots of subjects feeding seagulls.

    I had a Canon S400 for about 3 years, now just after a half a year it
    looks like I will ditch the F11 for a Canon SD700IS.

    Mark, Jul 25, 2006
  15. Guest

    ASAAR Guest

    That may be true for optical viewfinders, but EVFs can be just as
    accurate as LCD displays, not having the optical viewfinder's
    parallax error and often displaying very close to 100% of what the
    sensor captures. It may be due to a personal bias, but I only use
    the LCD to compose pictures in situations where using the viewfinder
    would be difficult or impossible, or where it would make taking
    candid shots easier. If I was forced to use the LCD, such as by
    having a camera with no viewfinder, I'd probably get used to it
    eventually, but at the moment that method seems less stable and
    presents more problems in some bright sunlight settings.

    ASAAR, Jul 25, 2006
  16. Guest

    Kinon O'Cann Guest

    A pile of bullshit that only an insane fanboy can buy!

    Kinon O'Cann, Jul 25, 2006
  17. Guest

    Bill Funk Guest

    I usually base my camera purchases on more than the existance of a
    mirror.

    Bill Funk, Jul 25, 2006
  18. Guest

    Kinon O'cann Guest

    A steaming pile of horseshit that only a blind fanboy could love...

    Kinon O'cann, Jul 25, 2006
  19. Guest

    ASAAR Guest

    "You're so vain" -- C. Simon