    but if i try to access same web site using its www. (name) it does not get there
    pls advice

    how do i fix the all tcp/ip behaive

    jacsim, Oct 21, 2006

  2. jacsim

    JimmyD

    Joined:
    Oct 15, 2006
    Messages:
    18
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hello Jacism,

    It sounds like you are having name resolution (DNS) problems. This could be caused by a number of things, including Spyware/Adware.

    The first thing I would do is unplug the router for 10 seconds, and plug it back in. This will reset the router, in case it is the source of the problem.

    If that does not work, then I would run WinsockFix to fix any TCP/IP issues on your computer. This will wipe out the staic IP address you have set up:

    If that does not resolve it, reset your static IP address, making sure you have also set up your DNS servers. Here's a link with a good description of how to set this up:

    http://portforward.com/networking/static-xp.htm

    Notice the DNS servers section in the last picture on the page. Set your router address as the Primary DNS server, then set a secondary DNS sever (typically your ISP's DNS server address).

    You could use 4.2.2.1, or 4.2.2.2 as your secondary DNS. These are public DNS servers.

    I hope this helps.

    Jimmy

    JimmyD, Oct 21, 2006