    I can be reached via e-mail at
    cisco_dot_news_at_comcept_dot_net.

    Please post replies to the group so all may benefit.

    Brian Bergin, Nov 6, 2003

  2. :I can't remember the command to clear a Cisco router's configuration basically
    :back to out of the box defaults. Any ideas?

    According to a posting yesterday, write erase

    Walter Roberson, Nov 6, 2003

  3. Brian Bergin

    Merijn Guest

    "write erase"
    and a "reboot/reload" te be sure that the startup-config and running-config
    are clear.

    after reload, anwser "no" by the first question of the config wizzard.
    after that the router configuration is cleared.

    Merijn, Nov 6, 2003
  4. Brian Bergin

    Brian Bergin Guest

    |"write erase"
    |and a "reboot/reload" te be sure that the startup-config and running-config
    |are clear.
    |
    |after reload, anwser "no" by the first question of the config wizzard.
    |after that the router configuration is cleared.

    Thanks to both of you.

    Thanks...
    Brian Bergin

    Brian Bergin, Nov 7, 2003
  5. Brian Bergin

    username Guest

    setup will return router to default settings.

    username, Nov 16, 2003
  6. Brian Bergin

    Joe Drago Guest

    I usually issue these two commands: