    "Fix Wireless Connection" and runs just that command, without them being able
    to get into the rest of the wireless network manager.

    Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

    Guest, Jan 9, 2006

  2. Guest

    Eera Guest

    Try "ipconfig /renew". Check more options "ipconfig /?"

    Eera, Jan 9, 2006

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Hmm. Not what I was thinking of, but it might work.

    I was thinking of the command that gets triggered when you're in Network
    Connections, and under Network Tasks you select a connection and click
    "Repair this Connection"

    I think what that triggers is a little more comprehensive than ipconfig
    /renew but I can see if that will trigger the wi-fi connection.

    Guest, Jan 10, 2006
  4. Guest

    GTS Guest

    You might be interested in "A Description of the Repair Option on a Local
    Area Network or High-Speed Internet Connection" at
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/289256/en-us
    It looks like it would be easy to put the series of commands it describes
    into a batch file. It may be tricky though to block them from "the rest of
    the wireless network manager" while keeping sufficient rights to run these
    commands.

    GTS, Jan 10, 2006