    cd c:\
    ren d:\Enable\Coll-Recall-*.txt Recall%date:~-2,2%%date:~4,2%
    %date:~7,2%.txt

    trey.tull, Apr 24, 2007

  2. trey.tull

    why? Guest

    Love the line wrap, take your pick -
    The %date, what is %date set to?
    The ~ part of the shortfile name?
    Oops, the ~ is a command for the the 2.2?
    that's using : as delimiter.

    Then again if you add it all together, it's grabbing the value

    %date:~start,end%

    Is this some scripting language you invented? Doesn't look like KiXtart,
    which should be on every Win server.
    Usually I find it easier to use Perl on any OS.

    Me

    why?, Apr 24, 2007