    Command is only allowed on VLAN 2..1001.
    2970_1(config-vlan)#

    Whazzup wit dat?!?!?

    John Oliver, May 16, 2006

  2. http://www.experts-exchange.com/Hardware/Routers/Q_21812472.html

    Walter Roberson, May 16, 2006

  3. I am not shure, but I think VLAN1 (native Vlan) cannot be shutdown,
    therefore you don't need this command. Is your VLAN1 interface shutdown?

    Patrick Cervicek, May 16, 2006
  4. John Oliver

    John Oliver Guest

    Yessss, but... there *is* something plugged in:

    2970_2#sh int gi0/1
    GigabitEthernet0/1 is up, line protocol is up (connected)
    Hardware is Gigabit Ethernet, address is 0015.fa07.cf01 (bia
    0015.fa07.cf01)
    MTU 1500 bytes, BW 100000 Kbit, DLY 100 usec,
    reliability 255/255, txload 1/255, rxload 1/255
    Encapsulation ARPA, loopback not set
    Keepalive set (10 sec)
    Full-duplex, 100Mb/s, media type is 10/100/1000BaseTX
    input flow-control is off, output flow-control is unsupported
    ARP type: ARPA, ARP Timeout 04:00:00
    Input queue: 0/75/0/0 (size/max/drops/flushes); Total output drops: 0
    Queueing strategy: fifo
    Output queue: 0/40 (size/max)
    57806 packets input, 4263801 bytes, 0 no buffer
    Received 49612 broadcasts (0 multicast)
    0 runts, 0 giants, 0 throttles
    0 watchdog, 46598 multicast, 0 pause input
    17655 packets output, 1596537 bytes, 0 underruns
    0 babbles, 0 late collision, 0 deferred
    0 lost carrier, 0 no carrier, 0 PAUSE output

    2970_2#sh vlan

    VLAN Name Status Ports
    ---- -------------------------------- ---------
    -------------------------------
    1 default active Gi0/1, Gi0/2, Gi0/3,
    Gi0/4
    Gi0/5, Gi0/6, Gi0/7,
    Gi0/8
    Gi0/9, Gi0/10, Gi0/11,
    Gi0/12
    Gi0/13, Gi0/14, Gi0/15,
    Gi0/16
    Gi0/17, Gi0/18, Gi0/19,
    Gi0/20
    Gi0/21, Gi0/22, Gi0/23

    John Oliver, May 16, 2006
  5. John Oliver

    [email protected]

    Joined:
    Mar 12, 2006
    Messages:
    23
    Likes Received:
    0
    VLAN 1 is setup and running by default, so the "no shut" command doesn't need to be givin. If you do not setup any VLAN's then every port is automatically assigned to VLAN 1. I hope this helps.

    [email protected], May 25, 2006