    will not verify that or tell me anything and claim its dynamic.

    Thanks,
    Harvey

    Harvey Gratt, Nov 9, 2003

  2. Harvey Gratt

    Rick Merrill Guest

    They are "dynamic" - but that does not mean you and I will ever see
    them 'change.' The name "dynamic" refers to the fact that your IP
    might be put on a different subnet, and therefor given a different
    DNS server.

    This is one time where you 'should' do as you're told, and let your
    DHCP protocol fill in the DNS server IP's. You tell your router
    to use DHCP for DNS IP. no Sweat. - RM

    Rick Merrill, Nov 9, 2003

  3. Harvey Gratt

    Harvey Gratt Guest

    Thanks for the information. I do all that you say. However, there
    appears to be an issue whereby the GHP must be given server access or
    the ability to connect to (resolve) certain sites is impaired. This is
    due to an apparent interaction between xp pro and Zone Alarm (check out
    the Zone Alarme Forums):
    http://forums.zonelabs.com/zonelabs/board?board.id=access

    I was hoping to be able to place the DNS servers in the "trusted" zones
    (as suggested) and only give the GHP rights to that server zone. If the
    DNS IP's can change there is an obvious problem.

    Thanks,
    Harvey

    Harvey Gratt, Nov 10, 2003