    been released on Combo DVD HD-DVD.

    This is a really good sign that HD-DVD is commited to backward compatibility
    with standard DVD. Another First!! Another Blow to BluRay!

    wandrinandz, Jun 13, 2006

  2. wandrinandz

    Tonester Guest

    Yes, this straight-to-video masterpiece of American filmmaking will surely
    deliver the death blow to Blu Ray.

    Tonester, Jun 13, 2006

  3. wandrinandz

    wandrinandz Guest

    I take it you do not like harrison ford movies.. or hd-dvd for that matter

    wandrinandz, Jun 13, 2006
  4. wandrinandz

    kaydigi Guest

    The movie is horrible though...

    kaydigi, Jun 13, 2006
  5. wandrinandz

    Tonester Guest

    I like GOOD Harrison Ford movies. So no, I don't like this one.

    HD-DVD? When players are under $100 I might get one.

    Tonester, Jun 13, 2006
  6. wandrinandz

    Roy L. Fuchs Guest

    As usual, it went right over the head of an idiot. Are you a Ford
    owner too?

    It is NOT about the content on the disc. It WAS about it being a
    milestone for the 5.25 inch optical disc form factor.

    Where are BluRay's milestones? Oh... that's right, they are on
    perpetual pit stop mode right now...

    Roy L. Fuchs, Jun 13, 2006
  7. wandrinandz

    Roy L. Fuchs Guest

    Good luck with that.

    Is your video card one with 1 MB of memory, or have you stepped up
    to PCI yet?

    Do you always wait? Never get to play. You only get to play if you
    pay... you got to pay if you wanna play...

    How many times have you changed your cell phone in the last 8 years?

    You can all watch the world pass by you if you wish. I'll be one of
    the ones you are watching in it, DOING it.

    Roy L. Fuchs, Jun 13, 2006
  8. wandrinandz

    AZ Nomad Guest

    I only took it that he didn't like firewall.

    AZ Nomad, Jun 13, 2006
  9. wandrinandz

    J Rusnak Guest

    You may not be aware of this, but HD-DVD owners are angry about this hybrid
    format and resent being forced to paying higher prices to have a standard
    version which they will never want or use. Since there is a stand-alone
    standard DVD on the market for people who want it, most HD-DVD users appear
    angered by the combo format and consider it a rip-off. I wouldn't call that
    a "death-knell" for anything.

    J Rusnak, Jun 13, 2006
  10. wandrinandz

    Roy L. Fuchs Guest

    I am aware that you are a top poster.

    I am aware that I will STILL have BOTH formats in my household for
    many years. I do not resent anything. I collect optical storage
    mediums. I have 3.5 inch discs, 5.25 inch discs, 8 inch discs, 12
    inch discs, etc. I will certainly have, in my collection, at least
    one if not many dual mode disc.

    Looks like we have a winner as to which formats that will be on.

    As to which disc I get... well... A good high end Joe Kane HDTV HD
    DVD Pro setup disc with a few DTS methods, and a THX in the audio
    routines would be nice.

    Roy L. Fuchs, Jun 13, 2006
  11. wandrinandz

    Jay G. Guest

    You heard it here first folks. Ray thinks that HD-DVD players will never be
    sold for under $100.

    -Jay

    Jay G., Jun 14, 2006
  12. wandrinandz

    Jay G. Guest

    Are you aware there are these creatures called "other people"? And that
    these "other people" may have opinions of their own? And that these
    opinions may be contrary to yours? And that despite them being contrary to
    your point of view, these contrary opinions may actually be held by the
    majority of these "other people"? Were you aware of that?

    Also, are you aware that editing out stuff you don't like and/or don't have
    a response to from people's posts that you quote doesn't make that stuff go
    away?

    -Jay

    Jay G., Jun 14, 2006
  13. wandrinandz

    Roy L. Fuchs Guest

    Not any that are worth a shit.

    Roy L. Fuchs, Jun 14, 2006
  14. wandrinandz

    Jay G. Guest

    So you don't think and DVD players that today sell for under a $100 are
    "worth a shit"?

    Incidentally, by the time HD DVD players retail for under $100, those
    players will be better built and work better than that $800 Toshiba you
    rave about.

    -Jay

    Jay G., Jun 14, 2006
  15. wandrinandz

    Roy L. Fuchs Guest

    No. I have sub $100 DVD players that are crap, and they even have
    5.1 audio out. Damned thing drops the audio during playback, and the
    DVD has to be restarted all the time. COBY SUCKS!
    Wanna bet?

    Roy L. Fuchs, Jun 14, 2006
  16. wandrinandz

    J Rusnak Guest

    Yes, I too still have 8-inch discs, 12-inch discs, S-VHS, etc. But for
    those with HD discs, should they applaud having to pay $10 - $15 extra for a
    standard version included? Or let me put it another way...how would you
    like to pay $10 or $15 more for a regular DVD, simply because it includes a
    standard VHS-audio/video quality version of the movie on the disc as well?

    J Rusnak, Jun 15, 2006
  17. wandrinandz

    Jay G. Guest

    Well, *yeah* COBY sucks. Why are you using 5.1 audio out anyway?

    There are DVD players from Sony, Toshiba, Memorex, Philips, etc. that are
    under $100 and work as well or better than most of the first DVD players.
    All of these have progressive scan as well.

    There's a Samsung available for under $100 that can do HD upconvert and can
    play JPEG, WMA, MP3, and Divx.

    http://www.epinions.com/Samsung_DVDHD860_Hi_Definition_Conversion_DVD_Player
    http://www.vanns.com/shop/servlet/item/features/480100506
    http://www.digitalfotoclub.com/from-froogle.asp?id=964603947
    http://www.digitalfotoclub.com/sc/product-features.asp?id=964603947
    Sure, I'll bet you an under $100 HD DVD player. And don't try to unload
    that old Toshiba on me.

    -Jay

    Jay G., Jun 15, 2006
  18. wandrinandz

    Alpha Guest

    Oppo. Better than the Toshiba.

    Alpha, Jun 15, 2006
  19. wandrinandz

    Roy L. Fuchs Guest

    Again... I am a collector. I will get at least ONE title of that
    form factor. The price doesn't matter.

    No, I will not be collecting a library of these.

    My 8" is Kate Bush. Great videos!

    Got Ray Charles on 3.5 singing the NA better than Roseanne ever
    will.

    I'll do fine without complaining. I won't be buying them, and those
    that do will generate profits that will make the things I do buy
    better.

    Roy L. Fuchs, Jun 15, 2006
  20. wandrinandz

    Roy L. Fuchs Guest

    It doesn't matter what "out" I used. I was just declaring what the
    player had. Progressive scan and 5.1 and optical out. I could hook it
    up any way I wanted to, and it still dropped out.

    Trust me, I don't need your assistance diagnosing the problem with
    the player. You know nothing about ANY of the circumstances aside
    from what I have given, and you are so far off I farted when I read
    it.
    Whoopie doo.
    Whoopie doo. Have you seen a digitally fed monitor?
    OOooohhh... so does my HD DVD player. D'OH!

    snip
    You're about a retarded piece of shit. You said one that would be
    better than mine. You don't get to sleaze out, chump.

    Roy L. Fuchs, Jun 15, 2006