    newsgroups 'combine and decode' doesn't work anymore. All I get it the first
    message with all the characters displayed.

    Can anyone help? (remove Zs from my address)

    John, Nov 13, 2003

  2. John

    gangle Guest

    You're probably trying to deal with yEnc binaries.
    OE doesn't handle yEnc because Microsoft doesn't
    give a damn about newsgroups, and won't supply
    a simple patch to make it possible. Use a proxy program
    with OE (http://www.brawnylads.com/software/),
    or just get an actual newsreader that does it internally:
    Agent ("Full" Agent @ $29 -- NOT Free Agent):
    http://www.forteinc.com/agent/index.htm
    or Xnews (free)
    http://xnews.newsguy.com/