    configuration issues.

    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/learnmore/bowman_05june13.mspx

    Ask questions or post comments about the article here.

    Guest, Jun 14, 2005

  2. Guest

    Guest Guest

    How do I configure a wireless router using WCN if it does not have a USB
    port? Can you email a list of generic settings that I can manually plug into
    the router?

    Thanks.

    Bob Majcherek

    Guest, Jun 17, 2005

  3. You'd have to configure the router manually. That's why WCN is so cool
    - you avoid having to enter all the information on the router's admin
    page. What kind of router (brand/model) do you have?

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP

    Barb Bowman MVP-Windows, Jun 17, 2005
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    This is a truly insulting answer. Yea if you have the money to burn and buy
    new a router I bet 'WCN is soooo cooool'. I do not, I am unemployed at the
    moment.

    I have the same problem and I could guess that I needed to manually
    configure the router. What parameters and setting to I need to configure. I
    had a hard disk crash and needed to re-install windows from scratch.
    Suddenly I have this wizard which does not work for me.

    Guest, Jun 18, 2005
  5. You need to post information on the brand and model of router and your
    wireless you have to get specific help. You need to configure the
    highest level of wireless security supported by your router and your
    network card. I've actually written several columns on wireless
    security which are posted on the Expert Zone which may help
    "generically" but for specific help, I need some details.

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP

    Barb Bowman MVP-Windows, Jun 18, 2005
  6. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I am running into the same problem - I am using a D-Link DI-514 wireless
    router.

    Thanks,
    Coop

    Guest, Aug 15, 2005
  7. I can't tell what problem you are really having. You can use a hard
    wired ethernet connection to the DLink, open a web browser, and go to
    192.168.0.1 and configure all settings there. DLink usually has admin
    as the user name and no password as a default.

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP

    Barb Bowman MVP-Windows, Aug 15, 2005