Column: Frequently asked questions about Windows XP Prof x64 Editi

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Guest, Jul 26, 2005.

  1. Guest

    supoch14 Guest

    supoch14, Sep 1, 2008

  2. Guest

    supoch14 Guest

    supoch14, Sep 1, 2008

  3. Was there a question in all that? Given that you're replying to something
    written over three years ago?

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Sep 1, 2008
  4. Guest

    Jazz Guest

    How do I know which version of Windows XP Professional is on my computer?

    Jazz, Feb 11, 2009
  5. Guest

    R. C. White Guest

    Hi, Jazz.

    <Win>+<Break>

    That is: Hold down the <Win> key (also known as Start; the key with the
    Windows flag logo on it), like a Shift key, while pressing the <Pause/Break>
    key, in the upper right of most keyboards. System Properties should pop up
    in your face - and there is your Windows version, plus some other important
    information.

    There are several other ways to see the System Properties page, but that one
    is my favorite. And it has worked at least since Win95.

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    Microsoft Windows MVP
    (Running Windows Live Mail 2009 in Win7 Ultimate x64 7000)

    R. C. White, Feb 11, 2009
  6. Guest

    kangan Guest

    Hi,
    Can someone tell me if MSXML6 will be part of Windows XP Service Pack 2 OS
    by default?

    TIA,
    Kangan

    kangan, Jul 14, 2009
  7. Bobby Johnson, Jul 14, 2009
  8. Bobby Johnson, Jul 14, 2009
  9. Guest

    Marshall Guest

    URGENT!!!!! PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO INSTALL ANTI-VIRUS TO 64bit
    VERSION... NORTON or McAFEE BOTH DO NOT SUPPORT THIS VERSION???? HELP

    Marshall, Sep 29, 2009
  10. No need to shout. Try searching. there are LOTS of A-V products that work on
    64-bit versions of Windows. I use nod32, from eset. Others have other
    choices. NOTHING on earth would get me to install either of those brands you
    mention.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Sep 30, 2009
  11. Guest

    VE2 Guest

    Avast free edition works well on my Windows 7 x64

    VE2, Sep 30, 2009
  12. Guest

    John Barnes Guest

    I agree. Works on XP, Vista and Windows 7 64-bit versions.

    John Barnes, Oct 1, 2009
  13. Guest

    me Guest

    AVG works fine for me.

    me, Oct 1, 2009
  14. if you have 2 hard drives with windows xp on both can you view the users on
    both windows when you are running one copy. also can you edit them

    stephen seiber, Dec 6, 2009
  15. Sorry for posting with the wrong date, I was doing tests yesterday with
    registry permissions on the TimeZoneInformation key and then forgot to
    bring the machine back to the proper date.

    John John - MVP, Dec 6, 2009
  16. If you mean view and edit them via user tool like nusrmgr.cpl,
    lusrmgr.msc, the Net command or other such tools the answer is no. To
    remotely work with these types of tools the remote installation must be
    booted (for all intents and purposes the installation on the second disk
    is a like a remote installation). You can't add or delete users, change
    their passwords or group membership and other things like that.

    You can however find the users at the installation's
    NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList key and you can edit some of their user
    settings in their ntuser.dat profile hives.

    John

    John John - MVP, Dec 7, 2009