    light blue format.

    Thanks

    Dee

    Nick Dunstan, May 6, 2012

  2. Nick Dunstan

    Paul Guest

    In the dawn of computing, we would indeed have had a simple
    "colour" setting in a computer program, to change a thing like
    that. They were simpler times...

    Now, the new terminology is "themes" or "skins". A theme selects
    colors for the window root, for the border decoration, picks
    widths for the decorations and so on. Decorations could have rounded
    corners or straight corners. I've never seen any pictures of
    actual editing tools for things like "themes", so it's not like
    you can tune them. You "load" or "select" a different "theme"
    in an interface somewhere, to change the colors and appearance.
    So you may get other, undesirable changes, as well as the
    desirable color change.

    "Skins" can include weird shapes for a window, so that
    instead of purely rectangular, you can have any shape
    they can make a mask for, to select it. "Skins" might have
    been an early feature of some music players.

    *******

    In a search, this is the first, remotely related hit I found.
    I don't use Windows Live at all, so I don't know if this
    is what you want or not.

    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/home-theme-change

    Have fun,
    Paul