  1. Can anybody tell if and how to get near I/R effect using Elements or is CS
    the only real way ?

    Rick

    rick white via PhotoKB.com, Jun 18, 2005

  2. Just apply some whacky color filters, desaturate, then mess with the RGB
    curves to colorize shadows. Personally, I think putting an IR filter on
    the camera would be easier.

    Kevin McMurtrie, Jun 19, 2005

  3. rick white via PhotoKB.com

    Deedee Tee Guest

    With Photoshop, P. Elements or other software you may get something
    that looks a little like (but is not) a false-color IR picture. There
    is no way to isolate or amplify real IR data in post-processing. The
    only way is by using an IR-pass filter on the camera when taking the
    picture.

    If you want a slightly more technical explanation: the red channel of
    a digital RGB picture records a little IR light mixed with a lot of
    red light. There is no way to separate the two in post-processing
    because the camera sensor sees both in the same way. The only way to
    record IR light without swamping it with red light is to use a filter
    that cuts most or all red light (and typically, also green and blue).

    Deedee Tee, Jun 19, 2005