    print the same pictures using Canon S520. No problem. It printed
    correctly on Photo Glossy Papers. The problem is limited to i950 printer.
    Could someone help me how to fix this color problem on k950. Satoshi

    Satoshi, Dec 6, 2004

  2. Satoshi

    Neil Guest

    Satoshi

    I sell digital imaging products for a living and I highly recommend to
    all my clients NOT to use HP paper products with anything but HP
    printers.

    I would get some Canon Photo Paper Pro for nice prints on your i950.
    Before doing prints you may want to do a Print Head cleaning through
    the Printer Driver on the Maintenace Tab.

    Hope that helps,

    Neil

    Neil, Dec 6, 2004

  3. Satoshi

    Gaderian Guest

    I also have this printer and like to pass this along if it helps.

    Make sure you use the Canon software (Canon Easy PhotoPrint ver 2.1.1) for
    printing. It automatically adjusts your printer to the type of paper you're
    using without changing the defaults for other software programs. I use
    Canon Photo Paper Pro but I have had great results with other paper. For
    the HP paper you're using select "Glossy Photo Paper" when selecting paper
    type.

    If you're printing from another software (i.e. MS-Word, Paint Shop Pro or
    Photo Shop), you have to go into the printer settings to acheive the same
    results.
    HTH

    Gaderian, Dec 7, 2004
  4. Satoshi

    kahout Guest

    kahout, Dec 7, 2004
  5. Satoshi

    Satoshi Guest

    I tried this morning with Canon Glossy Photo Paper. The same thing.
    The print was saturated with red color.

    Regards,

    Satoshi

    Satoshi, Dec 7, 2004
  6. Satoshi

    Larry Guest

    sounds like youve got a clogged nozzle. You need to run several DEEP
    CLEANING cycles and renew your cartridges.

    Larry, Dec 7, 2004
  7. Satoshi

    Larry Guest

    Also remember to be sure each cartridge is in the correct slot.. ( I did it
    myself once).

    Larry, Dec 7, 2004
  8. Satoshi

    Satoshi Guest

    Upon reading posts, I did everything what I could do. Deep cleaning and
    nozzle checking is fine.
    6 ink cart are placed correctly. I used Canon Easy WebPrint to print from
    web pages.
    Something went definitely wrong. However, if I use Plain Paper mode, color
    looks great.
    Satoshi

    Satoshi, Dec 7, 2004
  9. Satoshi

    Gaderian Guest

    *SNIP*

    Well, if you live in Canada go here:
    http://www.canon.ca/english/index-customersupport.asp
    where you can email Canon Support for a free answer.

    If all else fails, here's their Customer Support
    1-800-OK CANON (652-2666) in Canada.
    All other countires have similar support for Canon products, but I have no
    idea of they charge a fee or not.

    Gaderian, Dec 8, 2004
  10. Satoshi,

    I have the same printer and have been using Epson glossy photo paper with no
    problems. I select the glossy photo paper option
    I did have trouble recently with the printer though, I ran a deep clean a
    number of times before I found out the real problem.
    Run the print head alignment to make sure that all 6 ink tanks are seated
    and printing correctly, I found the other test less useful.
    Check the cartridges and make sure the orange plastic tab that your are
    supposed to remove is completely off. (up to the point where the label says
    don't remove this). I think that this allows air into the ink tank so that
    the ink can flow out onto the page, if the air passage is blocked, the ink
    will not leave the tank quick enough and cause your pages to print with a
    tint.

    Mine were half on still and they allowed just enough air thru to print
    smaller jobs, IE a test pattern, but when I printed larger pictures, one
    of the colours came up short and the whole page had a blue ting.

    My guess as to why it works fine on plain paper is that when you are
    printing on plain paper your not using the photo tanks, but the standard
    ones which are not having any trouble.

    just a guess though

    Dave

    JimmySchmittsLovesChocolateMilk, Dec 8, 2004
  11. I may be too late on this theme to be helpful, but will offer my 2
    cents in case it might be useful.

    I've been using the Canon i950 for over one year now, and it's far and
    away better than any other inkjet I've ever owned. (Several HP, and
    an Epson - all of which had serious problems, I've thankfully tried to
    forget most.)

    My success came when I found a local source of Ilford Galerie Pro
    Smooth Gloss paper, and most important - I set up the printer with the
    exact settings from their sheet of recommended settings for each brand
    and model printer. The ONLY time I ever deviate from those settings
    is when I'm printing images that are heavily into certain portions of
    the red spectrum. Like the more common azaleas in the S.E. states.
    These shots do need some tweaking to avoid oversaturated reds, but
    that tweaking is easy and should be noted for all future uses of
    similar subjects. Other than this, I find the colors are
    magnificently true and as vibrant as the subject itself contained.

    Good luck,

    Olin McDaniel

    Olin K. McDaniel, Dec 16, 2004
  12. Satoshi

    googlegroups Guest

    Satoshi

    I have the same exact problem. In the past I have printed photos on
    the photo paper just fine. Two things changed before I printed:

    1. I put in new photo color cartridges.
    2. I upgraded to the latest driver (1.62a).

    I tried it on two different computers (Win XP and Win 2k) and they both
    had the problem. I went through all the deep cleaning, alignment,
    nozzle check, etc. and it still prints blue. I called Canon but they
    want $9 for phone support. I sent an email and am waiting on an
    answer.

    The only thing I can think is that there is a problem with a cartridge
    or there is a driver problem.

    Very frustrating.

    Bruce

    googlegroups, Dec 22, 2004
  13. Satoshi

    Satoshi Guest

    Hi Bruce,
    I tried to recollect what happened to my printer. My printer is about a
    year old.
    When it was new, it was fine.
    Something must be happened to the printer.
    BTW, let me ask you from where did you download the 1.62a driver.

    My feeling is that red color flows much more than other colors with photo
    glossy papers.
    Interestingly, no problem with plain paper setting.

    I was too busy to spend my time on the printer. I think I should go manual
    setting for color to slow down flow of magenta or photomagenta. That is
    the only idea what my brain popped up.

    Regards,

    Satoshi

    Satoshi, Dec 23, 2004
  14. Satoshi

    Gadgets Guest

    You should be able to make a profile for the gloss paper and the colour
    balance you want, in the Canon driver interface itself. I've had to make
    some minor tweaks for another Canon printer, but nothing like what you've
    mentioned.

    Cheers, Jason (remove ... to reply)
    PC-Video-Gaming: http://gadgetaus.com

    Gadgets, Dec 28, 2004