    server for at most" - I could put that at 20 days - both PCs are
    likely to have the mail by then, but what does it mean by "at most" -
    that sounds like they could be removed before then?

    Waltzzz, Feb 14, 2005

  2. At most means that they may deleted manually before then. If they have
    not been, they will be deleted automatically.

    The most usual scenario for this is a laptop/desktop combination. The
    general procedure most people follow is to leave the laptop set to leave
    messages on the server, then download permanently on the desktop. In
    order to keep the two in synch, if needed, the mail files from the
    desktop can then be copied to the laptop.

    If you provide a little more information about your needs, maybe someone
    can suggest a solution tailored to what you need.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Feb 14, 2005