    Has anyone managed to use RANCID to SSH onto a router over the internet,
    collect its config as normal, then from said router SSH to other devices
    such as local switches or routers, collecting their configs too?

    alexd, Feb 29, 2008

  2. It should be possible, but you'll have to custom code clogin totally
    differently with your modifications. There's nothing in RANCID that
    knows how to do this now.

    Doug McIntyre, Feb 29, 2008

  3. I realize your probably looking for a low/no cost solution to do this.
    However, Kiwi CatTools has this built in. You can define a device to
    connect to via another device. It works good, that feature alone might
    justify the purchase of the software.

    Scott
    http://www.xpresslearn.com

    xpresslearn.com, Mar 9, 2008