    never ever ever buy anything from then.

    Anyway, how do I get my videos to play like they should?

    Mad

    Mad, Apr 9, 2004

  2. Mad

    trout Guest

    Maybe someone has experienced just exactly this same thing. For me;
    the 'thing that flutters around' could be a large clue.
    What is your OS, the file extension (.ext suffix) of the movies that
    you're viewing, and your favourite colour?

    trout, Apr 9, 2004

  3. Mad

    Mad Guest

    -----

    The "little thing that flutters" is a square or rectangle formed by 9
    white square dots in 3 rows of 3. Perhaps it is called a cube. The dot
    in the top right corner has a black dot in it.

    I have Win XP. The file extensions are MPG, My favorite colour is red.

    Mad

    Mad, Apr 9, 2004
  4. Mad

    gangle Guest

    Nothing you said makes sense. You have to be more detailed
    in your OS, the version of WMP, and what exactly you installed.
    There is no such thing as "codex." An audio or video file is
    compressed using a codec (COmpression-DECompression);
    the plural is "codecs." Elecard offers an MPEG-2 codec, which
    is used to play SVCD and Vob (DVD) files, but I don't see how
    that would interfere with WMP. Offhand, I would say uninstall
    every player you have installed, then see how WMP performs.
    Start from there. If a video file comes along that plays audio
    but no video, drag it into GSpot 2.21:
    (http://www.headbands.com/gspot/) to see what codec you are
    missing. Then use Google to seek out that codec and install
    it, and only it -- not a codec "pak" or a another player. Build
    your functionality in a step-by-step way. Shortcut overinstalling/too
    many audio-visual softwares can lead to the kind of jumble you
    are unsuccessfully describing.

    gangle, Apr 9, 2004
  5. Mad

    trout Guest

    Well, yes, my advice would be the same as per gangle's post. Trim
    down the extraneous programs, and use 'G-spot' to determine which codecs
    you actually require.
    Codecs are available as free 'stand-alone' downloads for most
    formats that you want, without needing to install another proprietary
    program.
    Start simple. But there does exist the possibility that you *may*
    have to remove some crappy adware that could have come with the stuff
    that you didn't actually need.

    trout, Apr 9, 2004
  6. Mad

    Mad Guest

    Win XP Version 2002, Pentium III, 750 MzH 128 RAM
    WMP Version 9.00.3075

    The codec reported by GSpot 2.21 is "n.a." I've uninstalled all other
    players and codec pacs, re-booted, and the thing continues to flutter.

    Mad

    Mad, Apr 9, 2004
  7. : All of a sudden a bunch of my movies play with Windows Media Player
    : with an irritating little thing that flutters around on the screen and
    : totally ruins the movie. It may be Mpeg2 or 4 or something to do with
    : Elecard. I've downloaded Elecard Player, Zoom Player and some other
    : players that are suppose to transfer the codex so the videos play
    : normally with WMP. They don't work. I hate these bastards and will
    : never ever ever buy anything from then.
    :
    : Anyway, how do I get my videos to play like they should?
    :
    : Mad

    You need the logo remover for EleCard. Any decent p2p network will have it.

    Usenet-IS-Fun, Apr 9, 2004
  8. Mad

    trout Guest

    There is a fair possibility that you have had sales-ware added to
    your machine that would not necessarily be removed by uninstalling the
    programs. I'd suggest that you download, check updates, and run:

    Spybot Search & Destroy
    <http://security.kolla.de/>

    Ad-Aware
    <http://www.lavasoftusa.com/>

    trout, Apr 9, 2004
  9. Mad

    Mad Guest

    It's a nag of some sort not a logo but I downloaded and successfully
    ran the logo remover.

    Mad

    Mad, Apr 9, 2004
  10. Mad

    Mad Guest

    I ran SpyBot, Spy Blaster, AdAware and AVG. All were clean. The
    updates are current.

    Mad

    Mad, Apr 9, 2004