    this problem?

    Thanks for any help coming forth...

    Jimmy

    james, Dec 30, 2003

  2. james

    Rafe B. Guest

    Don't do that.

    Desktop printers want RGB files, even though we
    all know they print with CMYK (or CMYKcm.)

    The separation needs to happen in the printer driver.

    The only way to really print with CMYK is with a
    suitiable RIP.

    rafe b.
    http://www.terrapinphoto.com

    Rafe B., Dec 30, 2003

  3. color depth?
    possibly what you have installed for a printer...try installing a AGFA
    printer and set PS to use that as your default printer and see what
    you get.

    I did alot of rgb to cmyk (scans and photos) and did output in TIF
    format for print jobs inthe past (using a commercial printer that
    would only take cmyk files).

    Step one was to convert to CMYK then adjust colors, levels, etc.

    chris

    Chris P in PA, Dec 30, 2003
  4. james

    Flycaster Guest

    I know *you* know what you meant to say, but I don't have a clue. Could you
    clarify this a little?

    Flycaster, Dec 30, 2003