    LCD monitors that cost allot more..
    Has any one gotten a 726D and what is their impressions of it??

    Thanx in advance.

    Mutlley, Apr 3, 2005

  2. Mutlley

    Adam Guest

    Yep, I've "gotten" one <g> .. as well as a 19" version. Both are great
    - they were cheap(ish) so I'm delighted with them. Neither of them are
    on a games machine, so ghosting etc. is not an issue. I don't even
    know what their refresh rates are.

    I do web work and was surprised to find that colour rendering (in
    Photoshop) was pretty good. Good enough for web use, that is. Print
    work may be different.

    As to your 15" one at work - I'd take it back, if it's still under
    guarantee. Neither of mine show any discrepancies at all in that
    respect.

    Adam.

    Adam, Apr 4, 2005

  3. Mutlley

    Mutlley Guest

    Thanx Adam for the info..

    Mutlley, Apr 4, 2005
  4. Mutlley

    Mutlley Guest

    Thanx Adam.

    Bought one yesterday. Nice clear bright picture
    Only problem I had was Win2K and my Matrox card drivers refused to
    start the monitor. It said "Incorrect setting". I had to put on an
    old CRT unit and set the video to 1280x1024 on that then plug back in
    the new monitor and it worked. No problem on the Win 98 partition on
    this PC or my old P2 internet machine with it's Trident card. They
    came up fine in their old resolution of 1024x768.. Wonder what I
    would have done if I didn't have an old CRT lying around..?? Go buy a
    new video card I suspect..

    Mutlley, Apr 7, 2005
  5. Mutlley

    BILL Guest

    No uninstall the driver and reinstall it..

    BILL, Apr 7, 2005
  6. Mutlley

    Adam Guest

    :))

    As a matter of interest, how much did you pay for it? I'll dig out my
    old invoice (and probably get depressed!).
    I've had this - I think I could have got around this by booting into
    safe mode. However - I just did what you did <g>.

    Adam.

    Adam, Apr 7, 2005
  7. On Linux you can fix this sort of thing by changing the value of the
    "vga=" kernel parameter in your bootloader. I had to do this for a
    client recently when he bought a cheaper 15" LCD panel that could only
    do 1024x768 max. (Why? Because it was smaller and easier to carry
    around, which was also why the PC happened to be a Shuttle box.)

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Apr 9, 2005
  8. Mutlley

    shannon Guest

    Thats the framebuffer mode, the default is something like 40 lines by
    80 columns :)

    shannon, Apr 9, 2005
  9. Mutlley

    Mutley Guest

    $403 inc GST. OEM Computers , Manukau , Auckland..

    Mutley, Apr 10, 2005
  10. Mutlley

    Wils

    Joined:
    Mar 12, 2012
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    I have one that I'm going to put on Trademe but if you wish to purchase it that would be great. I've had no problems with it - worked perfectly for me. Cheers Wilma

    Wils, Mar 12, 2012