CMS on Cat 3550

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by JohnNews, Nov 20, 2003.

  1. JohnNews

    JohnNews Guest

    Folks:

    I have a Catalyst 3550 Switch (version 12.1 (13) EA1 ... SMI) connected
    to my PC via a cross over cable and my PC's serial port.
    I am using windows 2000 along with HyperTerminal. I would like to setup &
    run Cisco's Cluster Management Suite (CMS).
    I am assumng this switch has CMS embedded and just waiting for activation.

    So far I have assigned an IP address (192.158.22.250) to the switch.
    Then I enabled the HTTP SERVER ... Switch>(config)# IP Http Server

    Finally I tried to launch CMS via my browser, using: Http://switch OR
    Http://192.168.22.250

    Both attempts failed. I am obviously missing something or doing something
    wrong.
    I wonder if using SMI (instead of EMI) can cause the above problem ?
    Any assistance deeply appreciated.

    Thanks,
    John.
    ..

    JohnNews, Nov 20, 2003

  2. :I have a Catalyst 3550 Switch (version 12.1 (13) EA1 ... SMI) connected
    :to my PC via a cross over cable and my PC's serial port.

    :Finally I tried to launch CMS via my browser, using: Http://switch OR
    :Http://192.168.22.250

    :Both attempts failed. I am obviously missing something or doing something
    :wrong.
    :I wonder if using SMI (instead of EMI) can cause the above problem ?

    No, CMS is in SMI as well.

    Still, it looks like upgrading to 12.1(19)EA would be free, so you
    might as well do that.

    http://www.cisco.com/pcgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/cat3550

    Walter Roberson, Nov 20, 2003