    I suspect that die yield for CMOS may be higher in these large sizes.
    The highest performing DSLRs on the market today all use CMOS sensors.

    And cheep drives out good every time :( This is due to both

    KBob, Feb 16, 2004

  2. No - they don't.

    Nikon don't.
    Fuji don't.
    Pentax don't.
    Konica Minolta don't (in their new camera)
    Olympus don't

    Kodak do
    Canon do
    Sigma/Foveon do

    /Roland

    Roland Karlsson, Feb 16, 2004

  3. [blu|shark]

    KBob Guest

    I was of course referring to Kodak and Canon.

    KBob, Feb 16, 2004
  4. The Kodak 14n was not all that high performing.
    Lets see if the new one is up to it.

    The Nikon cameras are not all that bad, and they
    use CCD.

    /Roland

    Roland Karlsson, Feb 16, 2004
  5. [blu|shark]

    Tom Guest

    Sorry Roland, he said "highest performing" and that rules out those on your
    list above.

    Tom

    Tom, Feb 16, 2004
  6. [blu|shark]

    andrew29 Guest

    Nikon now use LBCAST. I don't know if that's CCD or CMOS: Nikon say
    it's neither.

    http://nikonimaging.com/global/technology/scene/07/

    Andrew.

    andrew29, May 24, 2004