    Can anyone suggest good references on theory and operation of CMOS
    imager chips? Do these have electron storage on chip? How are they
    read out? Are they random access?

    Don Stauffer, Mar 13, 2006

  2. Don Stauffer

    jpc Guest

    http://micro.magnet.fsu.edu/primer/digitalimaging/cmosimagesensors.html

    lots of interesting stuff about digital imaging on this site

    jpc

    jpc, Mar 13, 2006

  3. Hi,
    Did you read the wikipedia - article on CMOS sensors?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CMOS

    Maybe the article on the dalsa website comparing CCD and CMOS along with
    its embedded links is also interesting for you:
    http://www.dalsa.com/markets/ccd_vs_cmos.asp

    Regards,
    Ingo

    Ingo von Borstel, Mar 13, 2006