    Please help, this is for a poor, elderly neighbor

    Thanks

    CoolBreeze

    Fileseeker, Mar 3, 2004

  2. I'd really reccomend NOT flashing this board. Attempting a flash of a
    board with a battery problem could be a very quick way to wreck the
    board.

    Is the battery the correct type? Seated properly? Without greasy
    fingerprints all over it?

    If all else fails try to scrounge a new board, I can't imagine one
    costing more than a sixpack of beer. Ask around the IT department at
    work, probably someone there hasn't emptied out his antique parts box in
    a while.

    Jeroen Wijnands, Mar 3, 2004

  3. Fileseeker

    olfart Guest

    Not familiar with your M/B but is it possible that there is a jumper(s) on
    the board which must be removed/replaced to reset the BIOS?

    olfart, Mar 3, 2004
  4. Fileseeker

    br1ght Guest

    Is the bios 'clear' jumper installed properly??? If it is
    just hooked on one if it will cause this symptom in some
    brds...

    br1ght

    message | This appears when using a TDK mobo with p-200. I have
    replaced the battery
    | with a known good battery but machine will still not hold
    CMOS settings for

    br1ght, Mar 3, 2004
  5. Fileseeker

    br1ght Guest

    If it is just hooked on one if it...
    Should have read, "If it is just hooked on one if the pins
    it will cause this symptom in some brds..."

    Heading for bed (to sleep),

    br1ght

    message | Is the bios 'clear' jumper installed properly??? If it is
    | just hooked on one if it will cause this symptom in some
    | brds...
    |
    | br1ght
    |

    | message | | This appears when using a TDK mobo with p-200. I have
    | replaced the battery
    | | with a known good battery but machine will still not
    hold
    | CMOS settings for
    | | date/time and boot order. Any ideas. Will flashing a
    new
    | bios (AMI)
    | | resolve this.
    | | Please help, this is for a poor, elderly neighbor
    | |
    | |
    | | Thanks
    | |
    | | CoolBreeze
    | |
    | |

    br1ght, Mar 3, 2004
  6. Fileseeker

    Hung Guest

    This appears when using a TDK mobo with p-200. I have replaced the battery

    Usually near the cr2032 battery there is a jumper pin block with three
    pins 1,2,3. To discharge the cmos settings, we short pins 2, 3. For
    normal operation, the jumper is on pins 1,2. Possibly the jumper block
    is on pins 2,3 now.

    Hung, Mar 4, 2004