    one low beep every now and then. device manager indicates no problems -
    there are no other symptoms, save a little slow running here and there.
    Do you think its the battery?

    tomScotland, Jan 27, 2005

  2. Why don't you replace it every four years or so and see if it helps.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jan 27, 2005

  3. tomScotland

    tomScotland Guest

    Thanks for that.

    tomScotland, Jan 27, 2005
  4. tomScotland

    Spike Guest

    On my computers when the CMOS battery gets
    too low a notice shows up when you are booting.
    If you are talking about a laptop though, be prepared
    for a painstaking process to identify and locate the
    battery. Believe it or not some CMOS batteries are
    embedded in next-higher assemblies and are propietary.
    Some are rechargeable units and leak requiring cleanup.
    If you can get a service manual from the dealer it would
    be helpful. If not, sometimes a laptop may have to be
    sent in to the dealer because only the dealer knows where
    the thing is. Resume of my experiences. Good Luck!!

    Spike, Jan 27, 2005
  5. tomScotland

    tomScotland Guest

    Cheers Spike, not a laptop.

    tomScotland, Jan 27, 2005
  6. tomScotland

    Toolman Tim Guest

    | Spike wrote:
    | > On my computers when the CMOS battery gets
    | > too low a notice shows up when you are booting.
    | > If you are talking about a laptop though, be prepared
    | > for a painstaking process to identify and locate the
    | > battery. Believe it or not some CMOS batteries are
    | > embedded in next-higher assemblies and are propietary.
    | > Some are rechargeable units and leak requiring cleanup.
    | > If you can get a service manual from the dealer it would
    | > be helpful. If not, sometimes a laptop may have to be
    | > sent in to the dealer because only the dealer knows where
    | > the thing is. Resume of my experiences. Good Luck!!
    |
    | Cheers Spike, not a laptop.

    Good - 'cause he's right - them tiny little screws...the snap-together
    plastic parts...the itsy-bitsy components...gawd, I *hate* working on
    laptops <g>

    Toolman Tim, Jan 27, 2005
  7. tomScotland

    Toolman Tim Guest

    | tomScotland wrote:
    |
    | > Hello.
    | > I'm running xp pro, sp1. on a "Tiny" <spit> machine of about 4 years
    old.
    | > a couple of months ago my system lost track of time/date configuration.
    It
    | > did this only once, I reset it and everything has been fine since.
    | > However, the last day or so I've been getting an intermittent 'beep'.
    Just
    | > one low beep every now and then. device manager indicates no problems -
    | > there are no other symptoms, save a little slow running here and there.
    | > Do you think its the battery?
    | >

    | Why don't you replace it every four years or so and see if it helps.

    "Brilliant!" - love it, Roger! I needed a good chuckle tonight <g>

    Toolman Tim, Jan 27, 2005